+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONJUGAL PARTNER SPONSORSHIP PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

mogohuang

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
Med's Request
25-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
LANDED..........
27-09-2012
Here is my story, me and my partner met over the internet 4 years ago, we both are Chinese citizen. I always wanted to visit her ever since we met. However, I was a refugee claimant so that I had no liberty to leave Canada. As a result, we have been friends for many years, until last year we decide to become partner. And I surely took a RTD to the country that she was resided in. We fall in love with each other. Both of us thought Canada would be a better country to live and work. So we applied a trv for her but the application was rejected by the visa office. I had to come back to Canada because I have work obligations and my whole life is here. Then I found that I could sponsor her as spouse. We tried to get married in the country that she was resided. Unfortunately, their government rejected our marriage application saying that RTD is not a efficient ID. Now this leave us no choice but to apply under the conjugal category.

Here are my quesitons

On form im0008 what do I will up for marital status? Single/Common Law/Married

On form imm5406 do I fill up myself as the spouse?

What kinda of documents that CIC might wanna see? Because we planned to get married over there I had my WHOLE family went to the same country to celebrate I have all their VISA to that country and entry/exit stamp on the passports. Also we use a lot twitter to @ each other should I do a lot of screen shots? I also have the original marriage application in that country should I include that too? Their did not provide a letter stating that our application was rejected.

mogohuang

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
Med's Request
25-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
LANDED..........
27-09-2012
Please help us. your Opinion will be appreciated.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
I don't know what RTD is and searching CIC website gave me nothing... that being said anything I further say could be wrong... but, Conjugal is very very hard to prove only 1% to 2% are even approved... the good thing is you have a denial but not knowing what RTD is I don't know if that denial would even be worth anything, since you applied to get married they may ask why you just didn't go to a third destination and get married... wouldn't you have to have a passport to travel? the passport may have been good enuff ID thats all my husband and I used when we applied for our marriage certificate. CIC is looking for immigration barriers to prove conjugal, like one of you is already married but the country doesn't recognize divorce, gay couples in countries that don't recognize gay marriage... those kind of things. there is a post here and I will look for it and try to post the link for you... the girl applied conjugal and the IO e-mailed her and asked her why they just didn't go to a third destination and get married... so if that is an option, that would probably be your best bet. Good Luck!

Edited to add link: might help....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/frustratedplease-help-leon-or-anybody-conjugal-partnership-email-t121376.0.html

mogohuang

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
Med's Request
25-02-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
LANDED..........
27-09-2012
Creampop said:
I don't know what RTD is and searching CIC website gave me nothing... that being said anything I further say could be wrong... but, Conjugal is very very hard to prove only 1% to 2% are even approved... the good thing is you have a denial but not knowing what RTD is I don't know if that denial would even be worth anything, since you applied to get married they may ask why you just didn't go to a third destination and get married... wouldn't you have to have a passport to travel? the passport may have been good enuff ID thats all my husband and I used when we applied for our marriage certificate. CIC is looking for immigration barriers to prove conjugal, like one of you is already married but the country doesn't recognize divorce, gay couples in countries that don't recognize gay marriage... those kind of things. there is a post here and I will look for it and try to post the link for you... the girl applied conjugal and the IO e-mailed her and asked her why they just didn't go to a third destination and get married... so if that is an option, that would probably be your best bet. Good Luck!

Edited to add link: might help....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/frustratedplease-help-leon-or-anybody-conjugal-partnership-email-t121376.0.html
Thank you very much Creampop, RTD is a refugee travel document it is design for ppl who are under protected status who is not able to acquire a national passport from their country of citizenship. If I get a passport from chinese gov it is still not a sufficient document to travel anywhere I want to go. No to mention the chance that we both have to be approved for visa to travel to same third destination. And financially I am struggling because of the two trips down to Malaysia I am 10k in debt. I dont think we can make a trip to any other country at this point of time. 50 % of my monthly income now is going to my credit card.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
ahh ok I understand now but, that still doesn't change what they are looking for with conjugal but like I said you do have the denial so it might be enough just suxs tho paying all those fee's and loosing out on the fee's if it's refused... sorry maybe someone else will have better idea...