+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal Partner - Same-sex

baxter

Oct 1, 2010
So here's my story. I'm a spanish guy and am married to a man from the middle east. We made a commtiment ceremony last year but we never officially married, despite the possibility to do so in my country--we just never thought of it. He just got his landing visa but will now declare me as his conjugal partner, so we will apply for this designation.

I don't know if we can qualify. I could not sponsor him to come live with me since I lost my job after the cermony and he could not sponsor me because homosexul relations are illegal in his country. We have visited together many times since we are first together. I go to his country and he comes to mine. We talk every evening on internet and phone. People knows about us. So we have evidence of that and our rings!

Is there any hope?

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
So he's coming to Canada as a skilled worker or something? Did he include you (disclose your relationship) in his application?

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
baxter said:
I'm a spanish guy and am married to a man from the middle east. We made a commtiment ceremony last year but we never officially married
Are you legally married or not? This sounds very similar to this thread, in which he says he is married:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t53898.0.html

Either way, if you are in a genuine, continuing conjugal relationship you should be accepted as his accompanying family member - either as his spouse (if legally married) or as his conjugal partner. The fact that homosexuality is illegal in his country counts substantially towards them approving you as conjugal partners since he can't get married there.

baxter

Oct 1, 2010
matthewc said:
Are you legally married or not? This sounds very similar to this thread, in which he says he is married:

canadavisa/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t53898.0.html
Thank you very much for pointing this out. The case there is different than mine but I will rely on it for advice since it is all pertinent information and so similar to my circumstances.

I have to note that all you active posters make this forum a very organized and well-run one. Keep up the great work!