+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conjugal partner experiences?

philaguy

Feb 4, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am an American male aged 25, my partner is a quebecoise aged 28. We have been in a monogomous commited relationship since January 2011, and we would like to go conjugal partner immigration route. Those who've gone through it, do you think we have a chance?

-Been together over 1 year.
-She cannot come here as her getting lisenced as an occupational therapist (her profession) is extremely difficult and possibly impossible due to US standards
-I do not qualify point wise for quebec skilled worker yet
-We see each other every one to two weekends in upstate new york, we've done this for the past year (yes, ALOT of driving!) i have hotel receipts to prove
-Took a trip together for 3 weeks
-I have been to QC at least 10 times in the past year (have proof), she has been to USA at least 5 times (have proof)

if we gave this to CIC, is there enough proof?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

philaguy said:
Hi everyone,

I am an American male aged 25, my partner is a quebecoise aged 28. We have been in a monogomous commited relationship since January 2011, and we would like to go conjugal partner immigration route. Those who've gone through it, do you think we have a chance?

-Been together over 1 year.
-She cannot come here as her getting lisenced as an occupational therapist (her profession) is extremely difficult and possibly impossible due to US standards
-I do not qualify point wise for quebec skilled worker yet
-We see each other every one to two weekends in upstate new york, we've done this for the past year (yes, ALOT of driving!) i have hotel receipts to prove
-Took a trip together for 3 weeks
-I have been to QC at least 10 times in the past year (have proof), she has been to USA at least 5 times (have proof)

if we gave this to CIC, is there enough proof?
Not a chance. CIC doesn't care about her job licensing, there are no barriers (criminal, immigration) to stop you from either living together for a year in a C/law relationship or marrying. You apply under Conjugal, you are wasting your time and money. CIC would look at your situation and say you are a dating couple.

Quebec_visitor

Feb 4, 2012
Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
October 2011
Hi... i dont know if how long is a american citizen could stay in canada without visa but if ur allowed longer here why not come and stay with her at least a year and then apply as common-law sponsorship instead. thats what i do... i get tourist visa to be here and now we are been living together for more than a year. now we are gathering my requirements for common-law sponsorship inside canada.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
From what you've said in your first post, it sounds like a dating relationship to me too. Could you say it is already "marriage-like" and if so, what proof do you have that it is?

Read here for definitions, types of evidence, guidelines, etc: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

There have been cases of successful conjugal partner apps for visa exempt couples. I happen to be one of them. I'm from the US. Another more recent applicant, Alberto70, I think he's from Italy just got rejected. In his (I am assuming male based only one the username) post he says...

"The conjugal partner application has been rejected due to economical reasons, that neither is "willing" to leave a current job to join the other, (the VO agreed that the relationship is genuine). In other words, since there are no bureaucratic barriers barring us from living together (which in our opinion is not true, as we both have different citizenships and living together for more than one year is legally difficult), the application was rejected."

If you search under members for his name you can get more details about his case.

elkan

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-11-2010
Passport Req..
13-05-2011
Hi there,
My boyfriend and I were successful with our conjugal sponsorship application. However, like Allison said above, you really need to assess your relationship to see if it's "marriage like". Presently, it sounds like you are in a long distance relationship. Though genuine, does not meet the criteria of "conjugal".

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
elkan said:
Hi there,
My boyfriend and I were successful with our conjugal sponsorship application. However, like Allison said above, you really need to assess your relationship to see if it's "marriage like". Presently, it sounds like you are in a long distance relationship. Though genuine, does not meet the criteria of "conjugal".
Elkan, great to see you around the forum!! How are things? Settling in/settle in yet?? Send me a Pm and let's catch up.

hope29

May 21, 2012
Hi allison.. can you help me? my partner, us citizen is planning to apply as FSW and will add me as her sponsor. but we're in a long distance relationship for 8 years. I went to visit her a couple of times in US under a tourist visa, she also went here in the Philippines twice. and also, im my last attempt to visit her, i was sent back here coz they saw school credentials in my baggage and said that i am inadmissible in US for 5 year( will that be considered a barrier?) Do you think the VO will believe our conjugal relationship? we don't have a joint account but she send me money every 2 months for almost a year now, and also we have a time share in hawaii named under us. ( aside from the letters emails and pix that we can provide as proof ). really need your opinion. if you're the VO, would you believe our relp in married-like?? thanks so much...