+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion

chauhansweet

May 27, 2016
Hello, I want to know that I have applied for PG Course in one of the Ontario College but this temporary pause on International Students application creating lots of doubts that am I eligible for further process or it will be denied as I have not yet applied for visa before 9 May 2016.So please help me out clarifying my confusion in context of Temporary Pause in Ontario.

Thanks
Sweety

vishal04

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
pune
Visa Office......
VFS Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th February 2016
File Transfer...
12th February 2016
Med's Done....
29th January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
14th March 2016
LANDED..........
soon
All applications for the International Students (Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate) streams sent after May 9, 2016 will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant along with the unprocessed payment. These streams are not aligned with the Express Entry system.
The governments of Canada and Ontario, however, have been vocal about their desire to attract and retain more international students as permanent residents of Canada. With this in mind, it is entirely possible that the OINP will begin to accept new applications through these streams in the non-too-distant future. Indeed, the government of Ontario says that, by November, the backlog in certain OINP streams is expected to be whittled down enough to accept applications again.
The International Student with a Job Offer stream of the OINP remains open to eligible candidates whose job offer has been approved through the Employer Pre-screen application process.

Read more at http://www.cicnews.com/2016/05/ontario-temporarily-pauses-canadian-immigration-streams-remain-open-applications-058029.html#9YOJmo50FQ6kKsFu.99

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
vishal04 said:
All applications for the International Students (Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate) streams sent after May 9, 2016 will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant along with the unprocessed payment. These streams are not aligned with the Express Entry system.
The governments of Canada and Ontario, however, have been vocal about their desire to attract and retain more international students as permanent residents of Canada. With this in mind, it is entirely possible that the OINP will begin to accept new applications through these streams in the non-too-distant future. Indeed, the government of Ontario says that, by November, the backlog in certain OINP streams is expected to be whittled down enough to accept applications again.
The International Student with a Job Offer stream of the OINP remains open to eligible candidates whose job offer has been approved through the Employer Pre-screen application process.

Read more at http://www.cicnews.com/2016/05/ontario-temporarily-pauses-canadian-immigration-streams-remain-open-applications-058029.html#9YOJmo50FQ6kKsFu.99
The Op was not clear though if applying for a study permit only or OINP hence confusion . Not sure above refers to study permits but just immigration post study.

heena1521

Aug 20, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
29-10-2020
chauhansweet said:
Hello, I want to know that I have applied for PG Course in one of the Ontario College but this temporary pause on International Students application creating lots of doubts that am I eligible for further process or it will be denied as I have not yet applied for visa before 9 May 2016.So please help me out clarifying my confusion in context of Temporary Pause in Ontario.

Thanks
Sweety
Yes this news is true but it is not applicable for the study permit (Most probably). I have seen students getting visa who applied after may 9th . My application is still under process though!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
heena1521 said:
Yes this news is true but it is not applicable for the study permit (Most probably). I have seen studens getting visa who applied after may 9th . My application is still under process though!
most likely Ontario was overwhelmed with masters and PHD gradudates or to be graduates applying for ONIP versus just applying for study permits which do not think are affected