+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confusion with the forms!!!

CanGuate

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi Guys I am confused about a few things for filling in the outland application

I just came to Guatemala to get married and have my baby due in Feb, I am planning to send our outland application from Guatemala to Vergville in Jan 2011. I am curious about filling in some of the forms

1) is my unborn child considered a dependent of me (the Canadian) or my husband the Guatemalan? or neither as we want to submit the application before she is born
2) in the guide it says we have to be married in Canada for me to sponsor him (is this true?)
3) if i am here as a tourist where do I put I reside? I am going after all living here in guatemala to give birth but as a tourist doesn't that mean i reside in Canada and I put all my info as permanent address that I use in Canada (my parents address)
4) I don't understand my residency declaration I plan to stay with my husband in Guatemala until he gets his PR to Canada and we return together I will continue to renew my tourist visa, so what do I write that I am residing in Canada or Guatemala?
5) if I was born and raised as a Canadian am I a naturalized canadian? if i am do I just put my birth date and location in the form?

I appreciate any and all help filing in these forms, thank you so much in advance! I don't understand why its so complicated! and the guide isn't helpful!

Thx everyone

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanGuate said:
Hi Guys I am confused about a few things for filling in the outland application

I just came to Guatemala to get married and have my baby due in Feb, I am planning to send our outland application from Guatemala to Vergville in Jan 2011. I am curious about filling in some of the forms

1) is my unborn child considered a dependent of me (the Canadian) or my husband the Guatemalan? or neither as we want to submit the application before she is born
2) in the guide it says we have to be married in Canada for me to sponsor him (is this true?)
3) if i am here as a tourist where do I put I reside? I am going after all living here in guatemala to give birth but as a tourist doesn't that mean i reside in Canada and I put all my info as permanent address that I use in Canada (my parents address)
4) I don't understand my residency declaration I plan to stay with my husband in Guatemala until he gets his PR to Canada and we return together I will continue to renew my tourist visa, so what do I write that I am residing in Canada or Guatemala?
5) if I was born and raised as a Canadian am I a naturalized canadian? if i am do I just put my birth date and location in the form?

I appreciate any and all help filing in these forms, thank you so much in advance! I don't understand why its so complicated! and the guide isn't helpful!

Thx everyone
1. Neither, as it is not born. If you are a Canadian citizen, the child will be a Canadian citizen as long as you are a citizen by birth.
2. No, anywhere as long as it is legal.
3. I suggest you re-read the forms/application, especially about if you are a Canadian citizen. You have include a statement what your plans are if/when your spouse is issued a visa, live, work, school etc.
4. You reside in Canada, you are visiting Guatemala.
5. If you were born in Canada, you put down your DOB, and no you are not naturalized.

CanGuate

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Thank you
but IMM 5540 question 11
"are you currently living in Canada"

do I answer yes or no?

(I came here to marry and give birth and wait for application to be processed for my husband)

if I say no- does that mean I am residing exclusively out of Canada?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Answer "yes" to the question that you are currently living in Canada. As PMM said you are just visiting your husband and give birth in Guatemala.