+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confusion with application forms

robaraz

Aug 9, 2018
Hi, i have a quick question , im getting confused with all these forms , i was ready to attach everything finish to fill and mail the whole thing , but i got confused by the website .
Im currently living in Canada with my wife and I have a visitor status expring next month.
Does my wife need to fill this form? Document Checklist — Sponsor [IMM 5287]
I don't see this form anywhere if i Select that I reside in Canada and living with my wife , but i don''t remember where I saw this form and im not sure if is needed for my situation

Last edited:

robaraz

Aug 9, 2018
in the whole application im also including the open work permit ,they told me doing so I don't need to ask for a visa extension , im about to mail everything 1 month before my visa expires

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
will advice you apply for visitor visa extension.....the OWP will not be approved if you are out-of-status.....and also, if for whatever reason your application is returned, visitor visa extension will keep in status and be able to re-apply for OWP.......Note: inland spousal sponsorship will be processed if you have status or are out-of-status......however, OWP will not be approved if out-of-status......also note that AOR sometimes takes 2 to 3 months.

Will advice you submit your application package ASAP before your visitor visa expires and to also apply for visitor visa extension.....they are separate applications and could be submitted at the same time...good luck