+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confusion regarding work experience case

AntonyK

Jan 11, 2016
Hello all,

I got confusion regarding my work experience.
I started full-time job as an Associate Investment Representative which is not on the list of Skill Level 0, A or B. Basically this is 3 months full-time training position to get license for full-time Investment Representative position.
Does this 3 month experience as the Associate Investment Representative counts towards the 1 year of working experience?

Thanks lots!!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
AntonyK said:
I got confusion regarding my work experience.
I started full-time job as an Associate Investment Representative which is not on the list of Skill Level 0, A or B. Basically this is 3 months full-time training position to get license for full-time Investment Representative position.
Does this 3 month experience as the Associate Investment Representative counts towards the 1 year of working experience?
Probably not. The NOC for the associate position would be the same as the Investment Representative position, but it is a regulated occupation, requiring a license. From what you have described, the first 3 months were "unlicensed" and so would not "count."

Hopefully you have become licensed and have a work permit that will allow you to gain at least 1 year of post-licensing experience...

zmehta

Sep 17, 2017
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Probably not. The NOC for the associate position would be the same as the Investment Representative position, but it is a regulated occupation, requiring a license. From what you have described, the first 3 months were "unlicensed" and so would not "count."

Hopefully, you have become licensed and have a work permit that will allow you to gain at least 1 year of post-licensing experience...
Will that 3 months unlicensed work ex count if it was in FSW and was an international experience? My profession is also regulated in Canada. NOC -2273.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Will that 3 months unlicensed work ex count if it was in FSW and was an international experience? My profession is also regulated in Canada. NOC -2273.
Canadian regulations only apply to in-Canada employment...

zmehta

Sep 17, 2017
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Canadian regulations only apply to in-Canada employment...
Yeah, but in my country, training is required for a license. Will that is counted as work experience in FSW?

Sorry for putting a query in the wrong thread, but the question the OP asked is similar to mine

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yeah, but in my country, training is required for a license. Will that is counted as work experience in FSW?

Sorry for putting a query in the wrong thread, but the question the OP asked is similar to mine
The OP was talking about Canadian experience, you are not. Quite a bit different.

You really haven't given a lot of detail to understand what exactly you are talking about. If you are claiming to be a doctor without having gone to medical school, then no, that will not likely be accepted. If you are claiming to be a mechanic without formal education/training, then it will be accepted. There's a whole lot of grey in between, but - IRCC is not going to police other countries' labour regulations.

zmehta

Sep 17, 2017
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
I did a post graduation
The OP was talking about Canadian experience, you are not. Quite a bit different.

You really haven't given a lot of detail to understand what exactly you are talking about. If you are claiming to be a doctor without having gone to medical school, then no, that will not likely be accepted. If you are claiming to be a mechanic without formal education/training, then it will be accepted. There's a whole lot of grey in between, but - IRCC is not going to police other countries' labour regulations.
I completed a 1 year Post Graduate diploma to go onboard a ship as a trainee officer, where I got trained under licensed officers and was carrying out the same duties they were carrying out, but under their observation. That training was mandatory requirement to sit for an exam to get a license ( took 7 months for me to get it ).When I got my license, I joined back the ship as a licensed officer.
It was in Australia.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I completed a 1 year Post Graduate diploma to go onboard a ship as a trainee officer, where I got trained under licensed officers and was carrying out the same duties they were carrying out, but under their observation. That training was mandatory requirement to sit for an exam to get a license ( took 7 months for me to get it ).When I got my license, I joined back the ship as a licensed officer.
It was in Australia.
Was the training part of the diploma program, or AFTER you received the diploma?

At this point, I would say probably not, given it is a highly regulated occupation globally, including the training/pre-licensing period. Would your then-employer be willing to write a letter of employment and include the trainee period, or not?

If it would not make any difference to your CRS score, then excluding it (or counting it as part of your education) would be an easy choice.

zmehta

Sep 17, 2017
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Yes, it was a mandatory phase to get license ,not to get my diploma.I did it after obtaining my diploma.

My employer has given me a seprrate refernce letter on letterhead with training duration only .He refused on mail to mention duties and workhours as its against company policy.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yes, it was a mandatory phase to get license ,not to get my diploma.I did it after obtaining my diploma.

My employer has given me a seprrate refernce letter on letterhead with training duration only .He refused on mail to mention duties and workhours as its against company policy.

So, your employer gave you 2 letters, one for the training phase and one for the licensed officer phase, is that correct? Did the letter for the licensed offer experience include job duties and work hours?

zmehta

Sep 17, 2017
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
No none of them have ,as both were given by the same company.
But in my training ,it is mentioned I was contractually employed.

I have taken seperate letters from both licensed and unliscend experience from my suoervisor on plain paper and taken his visiting card and license.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
No none of them have ,as both were given by the same company.
But in my training ,it is mentioned I was contractually employed.

Then I think you can count it, if it makes a difference.

I have taken seperate letters from both licensed and unliscend experience from my suoervisor on plain paper and taken his visiting card and license.

OK, so you have supplementary letters from your direct supervisor, with the missing information? That is good. Don't forget to write a letter of explanation about the omission of details from the employer's letters and the company policy.

zmehta

Sep 17, 2017
Cyprus
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Yes,I have prepared an loe for filling this gap today only and planning to scan copies of training time payslips ,and salary credit bank statement joining letter for training ,reference letter from two senior colleague and one supervisor under whom I have been trained., ans atlast that email pdf of denial of duties ,salary and job hours per week by company's Hr .

And yes one more thing ,both letters are from different HR within the same company ,one who looks after licensed officers and one who looks after trainees (unlicensed).
Both have given a same reply as company's policies are same.

Last edited: