4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Hello all,

I got ITA under CEC and am currently living in Canada. In post ITA process, should I add my Canadian born child and select accompanying person. Or, Can I just leave her from the application as she is already a Canadian citizen. If I add her as accompanying person, I think, CIC will ask me to do medicals and pay the fees for her. Which one should I select. Please advice me.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Does Post-ITA mean the process between ITA and e-APR?

I am CEC Inland and my Immigration Consultant added our Canadian newborn when submitting the e-APR. The only supporting documents to provide for the child were 1. passports and 2. family member proof of status. No requirement for Medical test as yet.

The fees and disbursements are going through our Immigration Consultant and they have not claimed or paid any fees in regards to the Canadian child.

cheers.

aneeshsingh

Oct 6, 2016
Once you complete the application it will wave off the fee for your baby, you need not to worry about her medicals as well. Even I have a Canadian baby and I included her in my application.

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
aneeshsingh said:
Once you complete the application it will wave off the fee for your baby, you need not to worry about her medicals as well. Even I have a Canadian baby and I included her in my application.
Thanks... I will follow the same.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hi,

As I just added in another related thread.

Be prepared to pay the processing fee for the child once you submit the application. The fee will be refunded once CIC realizes the child is Canadian.

Just wanted to update my above post.

cheers

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

karthik506 said:
Hello all,

I got ITA under CEC and am currently living in Canada. In post ITA process, should I add my Canadian born child and select accompanying person. Or, Can I just leave her from the application as she is already a Canadian citizen. If I add her as accompanying person, I think, CIC will ask me to do medicals and pay the fees for her. Which one should I select. Please advice me.
1. No the child is not included in the application, please read the instructions. The child is only shown on the IMM 5406

Reactions: jes_ON

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
PMM said:
Hi

1. No the child is not included in the application, please read the instructions. The child is only shown on the IMM 5406
When I will submit IMM 5406. In stage 2?

Edmo guy Naveed

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
karthik506 said:
Hello all,

you must fill in your forms , cic will not ask for your child fee or any medical. if you will not show then you may have a problem after 4 year when you apply for passport.

i face same situation before 6 months , i have two canadian born and i show in the forms , no any fee or medical for them.
any question feel free to ask.
thanks

Xpress_Ram

Feb 6, 2017
Hi All,

I have the same question.

Should i include my Canadian born child in immediate family member section in Personal details form and not identify as dependent?.

Please help.

Tolan4uk

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
you must fill in your forms , cic will not ask for your child fee or any medical. if you will not show then you may have a problem after 4 year when you apply for passport.

i face same situation before 6 months , i have two canadian born and i show in the forms , no any fee or medical for them.
any question feel free to ask.
thanks
Hi there :)

just curious if you could help, recently I submitted my PR application where it was asking only passport page and proof of status for my Canadian kid
so I just submitted passport info...but then I found a requirement on CIC website that birth certificate should be submitted as well (not sure if it includes Canada born children) in my case there were no a single word about birth certificate requirement

so my question is....have you submitted birth certificate for your children?

Thank you in advance !!

Irada_G

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
Hi there :)

just curious if you could help, recently I submitted my PR application where it was asking only passport page and proof of status for my Canadian kid
so I just submitted passport info...but then I found a requirement on CIC website that birth certificate should be submitted as well (not sure if it includes Canada born children) in my case there were no a single word about birth certificate requirement

so my question is....have you submitted birth certificate for your children?

Thank you in advance !!
I did, just in case, I only had two documents for my daughter, so included them both. Passport and birth certificate.

I'm not sure, but maybe try sending them a Case specific enquiry to add the birth certificate to your file, it might work or might not...

Reactions: pd_2017

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hello seniors, I have same situation, I with my spouse and 1 child eceived ITA under CEC Inland, wife delivering 2nd baby end of this month who will be canadian, and will submit e-AOR after baby birth, as wife and i will do upfront medicals after her delivery, now when i press continue button of ITA, I can see my section, my spouse section and 1st child. Where should I add new born? In immediate family members section in personal history? Or what? Kindly advice

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello seniors, I have same situation, I with my spouse and 1 child eceived ITA under CEC Inland, wife delivering 2nd baby end of this month who will be canadian, and will submit e-AOR after baby birth, as wife and i will do upfront medicals after her delivery, now when i press continue button of ITA, I can see my section, my spouse section and 1st child. Where should I add new born? In immediate family members section in personal history? Or what? Kindly advice
Correct - you do not "add" her to the application as a co-applicant since she is already a citizen. You list her on IMM 5406, Additional Family Information, and include a brief letter of explanation that she is a Canadian Ciitizen and include scans of her birth certificate. I understand that in Ontario (not sure about other places) it is taking a ridiculously long time for the birth certificates to be issued, so if you have to submit your application, submit it with some proof (e.g. hospital paperwork) and a promise to submit the BC (and.or passport) when you get it...).

Reactions: jojee2k6