+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding Address and travel history

huzair.kausar

Aug 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am currently on work permit in Canada and filling out my e-APR. I have been in Canada for 2 years. I went to my home country Pakistan for one month in 2018. I am confused whether I should put that one month in my address history or travel history?

In Travel history section, it says that I need to mention any trips outside my country of residence (Canada) OR country of origin (Pakistan). Whereas, as per the previous posts, many people were saying that address history means primary addresses not temporary addresses where one stays for short trips.

I am really confused where to declare that one month trip to home country.

Reactions: ELSIDIK. ALI

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Take a look at this government explanation: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=015&top=4

"There are three history fields on the form:

• work history
  • address history
  • education history
Each has a “to” section. This is where you put when you finished that activity or moved from that address. If you are still working or studying, or if you still live at that address, write “today” or the date you are signing the application. If you do not know the exact dates, use your best guess." LINK

If you have written a resume it is the same setup. Complete both sections.

momemon

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am currently on work permit in Canada and filling out my e-APR. I have been in Canada for 2 years. I went to my home country Pakistan for one month in 2018. I am confused whether I should put that one month in my address history or travel history?

In Travel history section, it says that I need to mention any trips outside my country of residence (Canada) OR country of origin (Pakistan). Whereas, as per the previous posts, many people were saying that address history means primary addresses not temporary addresses where one stays for short trips.

I am really confused where to declare that one month trip to home country.
Since your country of residence is Canada, any trip to your home county is considered as travel so I would mention it in Travel History.