+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion on wearing glasses for my Digital Photo for my PR application.

rahul149

Jun 21, 2017
My photo on my passport is without glasses as I my eyes were perfect when my passport was issued. However, post few years, I had to start wearing glasses and now I need to wear them all the time. I have just got an ITA and need to upload my digital photos. Even on police certificate as well as medical document, the officers had asked me to take off my glasses and then clicked my photo. Can someone tell me if I need to get my digital photos (needed as part of documents to be uploaded with my PR application/eAPR) clicked without glasses (because that is how my photo appear on passport and police and medical docs) or can I have them clicked with glasses and that won't make any difference? Please help.

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As per the instructions photos with glasses appear fine as long as the eyes can clearly be seen through the lenses. If were me I would have the photos done without glasses so they match any other id submitted with the application else I personally would forever be worrying about the application being rejected especially given getting a photo just right with glasses can be a challenge to meet the specification required.

Just my view anyway and others can comment.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/photospecs-e.pdf