+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion on Student and Worker status dates on Citizen Application

tarun23890

Sep 9, 2018
Hello Guys,

I am confused on weather to enter start and end date from student visa and work visa thats on my passport or from the student and work permit I was issued.

For eg my student visa dates start from 2015-06-17 but my student permit starts from day I landed in Canada from 2015-08-30. So what should I enter.

Second : My work permit started before my student permit was over so should I add the start of workpermit as end of my student permit or overlap. Online presence calculator doesn't allow for overlaps but the application form does.

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
Hello Guys,

I am confused on weather to enter start and end date from student visa and work visa thats on my passport or from the student and work permit I was issued.

For eg my student visa dates start from 2015-06-17 but my student permit starts from day I landed in Canada from 2015-08-30. So what should I enter.

Second : My work permit started before my student permit was over so should I add the start of workpermit as end of my student permit or overlap. Online presence calculator doesn't allow for overlaps but the application form does.
I'd consider the day you landed since that's what they care about.

Also, I'd consider that your status as a student ends as soon as you got your work permit. That's what I assumed on my application