+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion on my Marital Status....

neels_tk

Apr 16, 2011
My marriage was happened within my family members and we had a grand reception ceremony. Myself and my spouse are from diff. religion. But we didn't register our marriage after that. After a year living together and we got seperated now, since we didn't register our marriage initially we didn't apply for any divorce etc. Now i'm applying for work permit in Canada. So what should i enter into the 'Present Martial Status' column and do i need to enter my spouse details if it is not 'Unmarried'.

Thanks in advance,

Neelson

neels_tk

Apr 16, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

How about verification preocedure for the family details while applying for work permit in Canada.

So I can enter my Marital status as 'Never Married' and also I don't need to enter the spouse details in family information and sign in the application form in a section that I don't have spouse or common-law, am I right?

Thanks in advance.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes because if your marriage was never registered its just as good as having a girlfriend

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
What about a girlfriend with kids. Can he claim the kids in future when he gets to Canada ? This is a serious.

Thanks