+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion in applying for study visa for Winter2020 - SDS or Non - SDS

Nivedha94

Oct 17, 2019
Hi,

I have exactly one month left for my college to start and have paid one term fees. IELTS band 7 overall with and 6 and above on each.

I haven't still applied for my visa, so I am looking for some immediate help. Should I apply under the non-SDS category or should I pay 1-year fees and apply on the SDS category.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Nivedha

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Hi,

I have exactly one month left for my college to start and have paid one term fees. IELTS band 7 overall with and 6 and above on each.

I haven't still applied for my visa, so I am looking for some immediate help. Should I apply under the non-SDS category or should I pay 1-year fees and apply on the SDS category.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Nivedha

That's entiring up to you. If you meet the eligibility of SDS, go for it, plus you will be required to have 10K minumum GIC for SDS. Choice is yours.

Shang Dela Cerna

Star Member
Jun 30, 2019
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Nivedha
Go for SDS, you have until December 1st to apply as it'll take 20 days to process, even more,depending on the completeness of your application but it will not guarantee an approval. You have to make sure your funds are all ready as well

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Nivedha
In your situation, go for SDS as there is a chance to get approved visa in a months time. However Non-SDS could take atleast 3 months. The most important thing in SDS that you have to project to visa officer is your financial well being. Here are few things you have show for SDS
1. Pay full 1 year fees to college in advance and not 1 term
2. Pay 10,000 CAD in GIC account
Additionally, to make your profile strong
3 Show liquid amount to cover 2nd year tuition fees
4. Show liquid amount to cover 2nd year living expenses
5. Show some amount as a buffer
6. It would also be wise if you could secure an university accommodation for atleast 1 term in advance.

I know this is a lot to put but this is how SDS works and that is why it is fast. You have to project your entire 2 years of education fund for two year course.

mayankraj

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
india
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Nivedha
As I write this, the Calendar already shows 30 November 2019, this is the last possible date to apply for SDS. So if you haven't already applied under SDS, I think you've run out of time.
Sorry to break it to you but you probably have run out of time to make it in time to your college if it starts in January.
I suggest you get a deferral to MAY 2020 citing the VISA reasons and upon successful deferral apply for VISA under SDS.
You need to pay 1 year tuition fee to be eligible for SDS so pay off the remaining amount.
Apart from that, apply for GIC which is also required for SDS.
All the other financial documents are optional and can not necessarily be the reason behind any sort of rejection.
I got my VISA under SDS by using only the 1 year tuition fee receipts and the GIC investment letter only. So did all my friends. So don't worry about any other financial documents.