+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion - IMM 5406

das.cs

Dec 26, 2014
Hi, I am a permanent resident of Canada and processing my wife's PR application who is currently staying with me in Canada now. Her status in Canada is "Study Permit". Now I have a question regarding the following points:

According to the Instruction Guide (IMM 5289), "Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) -
This form must be completed by: You, as the principal applicant, Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)"

Point of Confusion: There are four entries for "Relationship" in Section A:
1. Applicant 2. Spouse or common-law partner 3. Mother 4. Father

Now, as the spouse of the applicant (sponsor as well), should I enter my name in the 2nd field above and my wife's name in the first field; and then enter my parent's info afterwards?

Thank you in advance for your valuable feedback.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
das.cs said:
Hi, I am a permanent resident of Canada and processing my wife's PR application who is currently staying with me in Canada now. Her status in Canada is "Study Permit". Now I have a question regarding the following points:

According to the Instruction Guide (IMM 5289), "Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) -
This form must be completed by: You, as the principal applicant, Your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not)"

Point of Confusion: There are four entries for "Relationship" in Section A:
1. Applicant 2. Spouse or common-law partner 3. Mother 4. Father

Now, as the spouse of the applicant (sponsor as well), should I enter my name in the 2nd field above and my wife's name in the first field; and then enter my parent's info afterwards?

Thank you in advance for your valuable feedback.
Hi

You do not fill the form. Only your wife fills this form.

You are the sponsor, you do not fill out any immigrant forms, only the sponsor forms.

When CIC says "spouse of common law partner" must also fill the form, they mean if the spouse is part of the application. As sponsor you are already PR and can't apply. Keep in mind these are generic forms and used for more than just sponsorship applications.

das.cs

Dec 26, 2014
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Does it also mean that, I do not have to fill in the "IMM 5669 - Schedule A (Background/Declaration)" form?

ImABule said:
Hi

You do not fill the form. Only your wife fills this form.

You are the sponsor, you do not fill out any immigrant forms, only the sponsor forms.

When CIC says "spouse of common law partner" must also fill the form, they mean if the spouse is part of the application. As sponsor you are already PR and can't apply. Keep in mind these are generic forms and used for more than just sponsorship applications.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
das.cs said:
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Does it also mean that, I do not have to fill in the "IMM 5669 - Schedule A (Background/Declaration)" form?
Yes.