+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion for Spouse Sponsorship

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Hello

I hope all are doing well during Covid-19.

I am almost done with documentation for Outland Sponsorship for my wife. I have few questions if anyone can guide me , I want to be sure that I do not make any mistake.

Just to give quick info. I went for vacation in Jan 2019 and I got married on March 2019.
I came back to Canada in April 2019 and I started my job search. I worked about 2 months and then there was a medical emergency that's why I had to go out of Canada in Aug 2019 for my Surgery and since recovery took time I spend around 4 months and came back to Canada on Dec 2019. I have started my job search and worked for approx 4 months and got lay off due to Covid-19.

Now I have decided to apply without job because I was waiting for too long and on www.canada.ca it says that I am eligible to sponsor my wife if I am recieving CERB since It is not social assistance.

I have following questions.

1. Should I explain to IO that why I was away from CANADA for long time ?

2. I went to honeymoon during my 2nd trip after 7 months because during 1st trip there was not enough time.
Should I explain to IO about reason for late honeymoon ?

3. It is asking from checklist that I should provide Notice of assesment if I am working , but I am not working now.
I do not have Notice of assesement for 2019 because I have not yet applied for tax file.

Should I wait until I get NOA for 2019 and then I can apply or I can apply with NOA for 2018 with explanation ?

If I wait for 2019 NOA then I don't have much income in 2019 because I was out of Canada for long time. Income is approx $6000.
Do you think there would be any problem because of low income in 2019 ?

4. Proof of financial support
I have send money 2 times through Western Union from Dec 2019 to now.
Is it enough If I show 2 Receipt ?
For the beginning of relation there is not proof of financial support between us , Should I explain why there is no proof ?

5.Is is compulsory to submit invitation card cor marriage and engagement ? It is not mentioned in checklist.

6. Is there anything you would like to suggest me to make application strong ?

I would really appreciate if anyone can answer above questions.

Thank you so much

Last edited: