+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion adding spouse to PR application

attitudefever

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
Hi all,
Okay So I have received my ANIP and already applied for my PR application but just recently I got married and I want to add my spouse to my PR application. I know that I have to refill some forms according to PR application check-list which asks about wife details and my travel forms. Also, I need to provide her supporting documents with cover letter indicating marriage. But here's the part making me confuse. On the ANIP website it says "While you wait for a decision from CIC" and "If you have a change in family status download the AINP Request to Add/Remove Family Member(s)" link: albertacanada.com/AINP_AddRemovefamily.pdf
Is that mean I can't add her directly to my PR application, do I have to add her first to my ANIP and get her ANIP nomination and then add her to my PR application ? or should I not bother about ANIP just directly mail CIO her forms and supporting documents with a cover letter ?
Please share your experience and suggestions.
Regards,
Hamid Hemani

HHJJ

Aug 17, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
This is what I got from Ontario when i updated them that I am married:

"Thank you for your inquiry about the Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program.

You do not need to send any documentation to the Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program. At this stage, all your communication regarding your application for permanent residence should be with the federal government, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), www.cic.gc.ca. If your family composition has changed after you have been nominated, you will need to inform CIC when you submit your permanent resident application of the change in your family composition. The nominee certificate issued to you cannot be amended since the application has been finalized before this information was made available."

What i will suggest, send an email to ANIP and inquire if they will issue you new nomination certificate with your Wife add on it or not..

Hope this helps!!