+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confusion about WES acceptable universities

aliumair

Jul 10, 2018
Hi

My name is Ali and I am from Pakistan. I am about to start my process for express entry program. I want to select WES for educational doc verification.

By chance, I found the following link which shows WES acceptable universities:
https://applications.wes.org/onlineapp/pdf/acceptedpakistanunivbywes.pdf

The problem is my MS degree is from a university(PAF Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology) which is not in the list. When I created WES profile, it didnt mention if my university is affiliated with WES or not. It just ask me to pay the fee and submit educational docs (SSC, HSC, BE and MS documents)

Should I proceed with fee payment and receive WES reference number for further processing? Did anybody else face the same issue?

This is my first post to this forum :)
Thank you for your time spent in reading

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Hi

My name is Ali and I am from Pakistan. I am about to start my process for express entry program. I want to select WES for educational doc verification.

By chance, I found the following link which shows WES acceptable universities:
https://applications.wes.org/onlineapp/pdf/acceptedpakistanunivbywes.pdf

The problem is my MS degree is from a university(PAF Karachi Institute of Economics and Technology) which is not in the list. When I created WES profile, it didnt mention if my university is affiliated with WES or not. It just ask me to pay the fee and submit educational docs (SSC, HSC, BE and MS documents)

Should I proceed with fee payment and receive WES reference number for further processing? Did anybody else face the same issue?

This is my first post to this forum :)
Thank you for your time spent in reading
If it's not in the list then WES will not process it ...no point to proceed further

aliumair

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks canada11. Appreciate your quick response!!

So that means I cant go for WES. I searched and found the following three options:
- ICAS
- IQAS
- ICES

Which one do you guys think is better(in terms of credibility and processing time)? As I mentioned, the purpose is to submit an application for express entry program for Canada

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks canada11. Appreciate your quick response!!

So that means I cant go for WES. I searched and found the following three options:
- ICAS
- IQAS
- ICES

Which one do you guys think is better(in terms of credibility and processing time)? As I mentioned, the purpose is to submit an application for express entry program for Canada
Go for IQAS or ICES. IQAS takes 12 weeks however ICES is faster.

aliumair

Jul 10, 2018
Seems like ICES cant assess my MS degree either.
https://www.bcit.ca/ices/eca/requirements/p.shtml

Seems like ICAS is the only remaining option for me but the processing time they have mentioned on their website is approximately 20 weeks. That sounds like, I should consider myself lucky if I get the results in 20 weeks( 5 months :( ). Otherwise it can take forever.

any other option?