Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-1-2014
LANDED..........
21-1-2014
Question on the general form sponsor proof of income and medicals.

My wife of 24 years is Canadian and a resident alien living in the USA since 1968. She is my sponsor. I am a US citizen applying for PR in BC.

How does my sponsor show proof of employment, if she works in the USA and will be quitting when we move to Canada?

Also, my children were born outside of Canada, to a Citizen. We are applying for proof of citizenship. Does that mean the Proof of medical examination is required for each of them (only two will be moving up with us).?

My kids are age 23 (type C), age 22 (type B) and 14.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Eeriest Elk said:
Question on the general form sponsor proof of income and medicals.

My wife of 24 years is Canadian and a resident alien living in the USA since 1968. She is my sponsor. I am a US citizen applying for PR in BC.

How does my sponsor show proof of employment, if she works in the USA and will be quitting when we move to Canada?

Also, my children were born outside of Canada, to a Citizen. We are applying for proof of citizenship. Does that mean the Proof of medical examination is required for each of them (only two will be moving up with us).?

My kids are age 23 (type C), age 22 (type B) and 14.
Hey, and welcome to the forum,

Proofs of employment is for the sponsor, and she can show her current work. Sponsors do not need to show a definite level of income ( there is no minimum threshold for sponsoring your spouse) but she needs to show that she will not go on welfare. So anything she is earning now, and her plan once she quits and moves back to Canada should be part of the application. You need to convince CIC that you (as a family, but especially the sponsor as she will be responsible legally) have a plan when you move to Canada, and you will not go on welfare. Hence the questions about her current employment, and her plans when moving to Canada.

Medicals exams are required for each person being sponsored. So if your kids are citizen of Canada, then they don't need to be sponsored, the medical exams are not needed for them. Just include their proofs of citizenship in the application so it's clear that they are Canadians already and they don't need to be sponsored.

Good luck, and happy new year!
Sweden