+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confusion about passport application

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Hello where completing the passport application there are few things Im not sure of. I'd appreciate if anyone can guide:

1. when signing, can I use the same electronic signature I had used at time of completing the form for citizenship ceremony?
2. Can my guarantor also fill his section and signature electronically as well?
3. For documents to support identity, can I use my driver's license or my home country's passport?
4. Is it compulsory to give emergency contact?
5. Can my two references be from the same family? Example: two brothers or mother and daughter from same family ?
6. If my flight is 2 months from now, can I still go choose 'express pickup' option and go tomorrow to passport office?

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Hello where completing the passport application there are few things Im not sure of. I'd appreciate if anyone can guide:

1. when signing, can I use the same electronic signature I had used at time of completing the form for citizenship ceremony?
2. Can my guarantor also fill his section and signature electronically as well?
3. For documents to support identity, can I use my driver's license or my home country's passport?
4. Is it compulsory to give emergency contact?
5. Can my two references be from the same family? Example: two brothers or mother and daughter from same family ?
6. If my flight is 2 months from now, can I still go choose 'express pickup' option and go tomorrow to passport office?
I just applied for my passport at a ServiceCanada office. I can answer a few of these.

3) I used my driver's license and my home country's passport as ID. It worked fine. Health cards can work too- my province has both a photo and signature on the card.

4) You do not have to provide an emergency contact.

5) My references were my neighbors, who are husband and wife. I am not expecting any issues.

Hope this helps!

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
I just applied for my passport at a ServiceCanada office. I can answer a few of these.

3) I used my driver's license and my home country's passport as ID. It worked fine. Health cards can work too- my province has both a photo and signature on the card.

5) My references were my neighbors, who are husband and wife. I am not expecting any issues.

Hope this helps!
thank you! did you fill and sign electronically?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017

Hope this helps!
How long does it take to get the passport? 2 weeks?

Acorn450

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
wow thats quite late to be mailed out.
It says around 20 business days plus mailing time if you get regular service at a Service Canada office. It's more like 10 business days plus mailing if you go to a passport office.

So Feb 4 is pretty much what I expected.

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
It says around 20 business days plus mailing time if you get regular service at a Service Canada office. It's more like 10 business days plus mailing if you go to a passport office.

So Feb 4 is pretty much what I expected.
btw i filled my form electronically and also signed electronicallly using same electronic signature i had used for my citizenship certificate. that will not be an issue right?

kadjajsd

Star Member
May 3, 2020
Signature should be done by pen rather than electronically..
how would the guarantor sign the back of the photograph electronically ?
no photograph should be hand written but im talking about the application form, can i use same electronic signature i had used for my citizenship application? my guarantor already signed the printed form that my electronic signature and he has left the city now so im just wondering what to do now lol