+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion about IMM5406

PIPS

Oct 18, 2019
So, this form is confusing me .My common law partner is going to sponser me .In this form , it states : You(the principal applicant) and any of your family members 18 years or older(who are not alreadty Canadian Citizens or permanebt residents).

Does this mean I have to get my family to fill out forms(my dad , mom ,sister,etc). I live in Canada and my family lives in another country, so getting them to that is already a hassle. Plus , I havent spoken to my father in almost 10 years and me and my sister are not on good terms. Do I actually have to get them to fill out forms ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So, this form is confusing me .My common law partner is going to sponser me .In this form , it states : You(the principal applicant) and any of your family members 18 years or older(who are not alreadty Canadian Citizens or permanebt residents).

Does this mean I have to get my family to fill out forms(my dad , mom ,sister,etc). I live in Canada and my family lives in another country, so getting them to that is already a hassle. Plus , I havent spoken to my father in almost 10 years and me and my sister are not on good terms. Do I actually have to get them to fill out forms ?
Read the guide when you fill out the forms. Definition of "family member" is spouse/common law partners that are NOT PR or Canadian (this form is used for different kinds of immigration applications) and dependent under age of 22. Your parents and siblings are "additional family members" which their information will be needed in a different form. If you do not have all the information of these memebers, you can write a letter to explain it.

Reactions: armoured

PIPS

Oct 18, 2019
Read the guide when you fill out the forms. Definition of "family member" is spouse/common law partners that are NOT PR or Canadian (this form is used for different kinds of immigration applications) and dependent under age of 22. Your parents and siblings are "additional family members" which their information will be needed in a different form. If you do not have all the information of these memebers, you can write a letter to explain it.
Thank you! I found the page that describes the definition .Thanks again for replying