+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusing update..

Mangath

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Hi all. I am waiting for the decision on my procedural letter response. But yesterday there was an update on my profile and now they have taken my “medical passed” off and has put “we do need your medical and we send you message if that changes”. My medical was passed on june 2020. Does anyone know what does this mean please?
Thank you

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi all. I am waiting for the decision on my procedural letter response. But yesterday there was an update on my profile and now they have taken my “medical passed” off and has put “we do need your medical and we send you message if that changes”. My medical was passed on june 2020. Does anyone know what does this mean please?
Thank you
When did you take your medicals? Medicals have 1 year validity and it starts when IRCC receives the results from the panel physician (usually within 10 business days after taking the medical).

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thank you
Your PFL has no corelation with the status message that you got. The status message is in reponse to the medicals that have expired. Medicals have a 1 year validity from the time you do them and not the pass date that you see in your GC key.

Mangath

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
When did you take your medicals? Medicals have 1 year validity and it starts when IRCC receives the results from the panel physician (usually within 10 business days after taking the medical).
Thank you . I submitted upfront medical. I took the medical in the first week of march and had submitted with application at the end of April.

Mangath

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Your PFL has no corelation with the status message that you got. The status message is in reponse to the medicals that have expired. Medicals have a 1 year validity from the time you do them and not the pass date that you see in your GC key.
Thank you. Now i get it .

Mangath

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Thank you. Now i get it .
Thank you. Do i have to wait for them to ask me to submit another medical? Or shall i contact them?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Thank you . I submitted upfront medical. I took the medical in the first week of march and had submitted with application at the end of April.
It’s probably expired then. IRCC is asking you to do a Re-med.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Is there any placeholder open in your IRCC account to upload Re-medical? You have the option to take the proactive approach and get you Remedical and upload the report via webform.

Mangath

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Is there any placeholder open in your IRCC account to upload Re-medical? You have the option to take the proactive approach and get you Remedical and upload the report via webform.
No there isn’t any placeholder as well. But i will do the remedical and will upload that. Thank you so much for your help

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Thank you. Do i have to wait for them to ask me to submit another medical? Or shall i contact them?
IRCC would send you a request for a remed when deemed fit and you would get that in your GCkey as a IMM form letter and a seprate email anouncing the update. Wait for them to send you that request. Once the PFL decison is resolved and Eligibility is passed, you'll most likely get that. Doing pro-active remeds wouldn't do any harm but it won't do any good either and neither would it speed up the process. Given the current conditions and the present status of your case, it would be better if you wait for the remeds.

Mangath

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
IRCC would send you a request for a remed when deemed fit and you would get that in your GCkey as a IMM form letter and a seprate email anouncing the update. Wait for them to send you that request. Once the PFL decison is resolved and Eligibility is passed, you'll most likely get that. Doing pro-active remeds wouldn't do any harm but it won't do any good either and neither would it speed up the process. Given the current conditions and the present status of your case, it would be better if you wait for the remeds.
Thank you so much.