+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusing returned Application

Mikec10

Feb 5, 2020
Hello folks,
After four months from Applying and wait to get AOR, i recvd back the application via mail.
What confused me was the reason they reurned it they said i signed it few days before becoming eligible. But when i signed i did it on the day of eligibility but printed it few days before is that a valid reason to be returned if not what should i do ?
Also on the paper said i need to reapply with new application form, photos, supporting documentd and required fees and they put link in case i dont want to reaply and want a refund.
Does that mean i need to fill up new application and i need to pay the fres again ?

Thank you

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hello folks,
After four months from Applying and wait to get AOR, i recvd back the application via mail.
What confused me was the reason they reurned it they said i signed it few days before becoming eligible. But when i signed i did it on the day of eligibility but printed it few days before is that a valid reason to be returned if not what should i do ?
Also on the paper said i need to reapply with new application form, photos, supporting documentd and required fees and they put link in case i dont want to reaply and want a refund.
Does that mean i need to fill up new application and i need to pay the fres again ?

Thank you
First of all, signing your citizenship application on the day of your eligibility is VERY risk. One little mistake on your presence calculator and your application is toast. Even IRCC instruction recommends to have some days buffer while most people on this forum will recommend several days and weeks of buffer, especially if you travelled outside of Canada within your eligibility period.

My 99Cents suggestion is do a new application... new photo as they suggested, redo presence calculator (the good news being that you now have 4 months buffer; assuming you did not travel ovwrseas all this while. You can reuse fees already paid.

With 4 months buffer you are unlikely to hit a snag with residency calculator and ultimately avoid protracted RQ.

Trying to argue and have IRCC process your application based on zero day buffer is risky.