+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusing question on Valid Job offer

vikiviky

Star Member
May 20, 2018
The definition of Valid job offer is below-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Here is something confusing, and would appreciate if anyone can help:

--> I am with employer ABC for last 11 year.
--> I have worked in Canada for almost 3 year( 2016-2019), and then moved to United States
--> I am back on Dec- 2021 which is about 11 month from now. ( my current WP expires Dec-2024)
--> My employer has sent me job offer letter for PR
--> Can I consider myself having a valid job offer?
--> Here is the most confusing things-
while putting all info in EE profile, they ask a question which is - Has Mr. XXX been working full time for the employer on the CURRENT work permit for at least a year ?
Should i select as "YES" or "NO" ?

Disclaimer: I had submitted my profile answering the above question as NO but the system saying I met the condition for CEC and FSW.

Seeking your valuable advise and appreciate you guys as always.

Last edited:

vikiviky

Star Member
May 20, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

--> I have worked in Canada for almost 3 year( 2016-2019), and then moved to United States
--> I am back on Dec- 2021 which is about 11 month from now. ( my current WP expires Dec-2024)
while putting all info in EE profile, they ask a question which is - Has Mr. XXX been working full time for the employer on the CURRENT work permit for at least a year ?

Disclaimer: I had submitted my profile answering the above question as NO but the system saying I met the condition for CEC and FSW.

can anyone advise

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019

Job offer is not required for you to meet either CEC or FSW but for CEC - one year exp in last 3 years is what they consider so probably they are considering your 2019 exp. In 2023 , you can only consider 2020-2021-2022 exp.
Once you complete one year on the current work permit(1560 hours 30 hours for 52 weeks) in Canada, then only you can say YES and get job offer points. In this context the current work permit which you hold after you last entered Canada on the permit- better wait until Dec end to change that to Yes and it would then give you 50 additional points. Keep in mind
that your offer letter should be new one( not the one used for work permit application) and it should clearly say that it’s a permanent full time position and they intend to employ you for at least one year after Pr.
I am ICT myself and submitted my profile in Oct with job offer from the same employer.

Aman1354

Apr 9, 2019
Hello group members.
Asking on behalf of my cousin. He got his NOI from Ontario under tech draw in July end. He went to Ontario under Intra company transfer work permit May 2023 and work permit expires on May 2025.
His employer name is mentioned on it and also the job title but not the job NOC. While filing oinp they are asking if we have a valid job offer/ arrange employment in Ontario , shall he answer yes to it and answer all the ques or it should be no? Also, in express entry he filled no job offer but did mentioned his current employment in Ontario under work history tab.
Urgent response required because he is doubtful whether his job is lmia exempt or under lmia. Moreover, while showing settlement funds will the current job compensate the funds requirement or he has to show through bank.
Thanks in advance.