+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusing information from MPNP officials

kenthething23

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Hi

I am currently nominee from MPNP through Skilled Worker in Manitoba-International Student Stream (I hold a PGWP). I submitted my PR application in March and have received AOR.

I came across with a job that I want to apply for so I sent an email to the MPNP officials to see if I could switch employer, this is their response:
"As much as possible MPNP does not encourage applicants to switch employers unless this new job is a career advancement of it is in your field of study but if it’s the same position or occupation unfortunately it may not be permitted"

Then I asked them again after a month with the same question because I needed reassurance from them, this is what they responded:
"If you haven’t done so please send us the following:
- New job offer letter
- Explanation to why you wanted to change employer
This will then be looked at by the Program Officer"

So it is a yes or a no? they never really answered to my question. I really don't want to risk my nomination and my whole application will be gone to waste because of me switching employer. I guess I will suck it up and stay at my miserable job until I receive my PR lol

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi

I am currently nominee from MPNP through Skilled Worker in Manitoba-International Student Stream (I hold a PGWP). I submitted my PR application in March and have received AOR.

I came across with a job that I want to apply for so I sent an email to the MPNP officials to see if I could switch employer, this is their response:
"As much as possible MPNP does not encourage applicants to switch employers unless this new job is a career advancement of it is in your field of study but if it’s the same position or occupation unfortunately it may not be permitted"

Then I asked them again after a month with the same question because I needed reassurance from them, this is what they responded:
- New job offer letter

So it is a yes or a no? they never really answered to my question. I really don't want to risk my nomination and my whole application will be gone to waste because of me switching employer. I guess I will suck it up and stay at my miserable job until I receive my PR lol
MPNP said you can change your job but your job must be same or is a career advancement from the same job in order to maintain your nomination. If you do change your job, MPNP will have to re-evaluate the job offer and the employer to ensure they meet the program requirements.

sumitkumaragg

Apr 21, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse visa
App. Filed.......
4th may 2017
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Hopefully not required.
LANDED..........
God's Mercy
Hi

- New job offer letter

It means they don't recommend doing this but if they see you are having better career option giving you more reliable study related offer than even if you are changing employer, they will have no problem, but in case you are changing employer for same job but with different employer than they would reject it.

- New job offer letter

He is now asking you to send him the job offer you have and with your explanation why you look forward to have this job over the one you have.

Alvesjo

May 16, 2018
I've seen friends in the same situation. It is taking almost two years for the Federal step to be fully processed and they know that applicants might lose/switch their jobs. My friend was in the same situation, but he lost the job. Because he was a NOC-A, he had to find another NOC-A job to keep his eligibility.

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hi

- New job offer letter

Hi, there. I’m in the same situation, right now. Could you please share what happened after that? Did they approve you changing jobs, after you submitted your new job offer and letter of explanation?

kenthething23

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Hi, there. I’m in the same situation, right now. Could you please share what happened after that? Did they approve you changing jobs, after you submitted your new job offer and letter of explanation?
I ended up not getting the job after the interview. I would suggest contact MPNP first once you get an interview from the new job you apply for to get a written approval for them. Once you actually receive the job offer, notify the MPNP and IRCC with the job offer letter and perhaps to IRCC your communication with MPnp that they approve your employer change.

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
I ended up not getting the job after the interview. I would suggest contact MPNP first once you get an interview from the new job you apply for to get a written approval for them. Once you actually receive the job offer, notify the MPNP and IRCC with the job offer letter and perhaps to IRCC your communication with MPnp that they approve your employer change.
Thank you very much for sharing this and also for the tips! Much appreciated! =]

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hi there, did you change job afterwards? could you please share to us, Thanks
I actually have chaged job positions within the same company. When I got the offer for a new position, I had contacted the MPNP Officer via e-mail, asking if it would be fine, and I received a positive answer. I haven’t notified anything to the IRCC, though, and my PR process is still being processed.

Reactions: Jhegel

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I actually have chaged job positions within the same company. When I got the offer for a new position, I had contacted the MPNP Officer via e-mail, asking if it would be fine, and I received a positive answer. I haven’t notified anything to the IRCC, though, and my PR process is still being processed.
Did u get ur PR finally??