+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusing email about re-assessment of medical

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
I just got an email from the cic that is confusing in several different ways.

Some background. I'm Irish. I lived in Korea with my Canadian wife. We applied through London, but our case is being processed through Ottawa. We've been 'in progress' since July 28.

The email is from ottawa and tells me they require further medical reports as outlined in attached documents.

The attached documents are a pdf letter and a form for the doctor to fill out. It all seems pretty standard except the letter is dated 'May 13, 2015' and is from Manilla. The letter says if it needs to be done within 30 days, which is obviously passed. I never received this letter.

What does this mean? Does anything have a standard re-medical email they can show?

I'm assuming this isn't a standard re-medical and something popped up in my medical. I'm also assuming I got transferred to Manilla? Although, this wouldn't explain why the email came from Ottawa. Is there anyway I can find out more about this?

edit: my orignal medicals ran out on july 14, so it can't be a standard re-med.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Medicals are handled by one of six Regional Medical Offices. Manila is the designated RMO for Korea. Your app hasn't been transferred there; they are simply processing your medical.

They don't always require a full re-medical. Sometimes they just ask for a partial, usually the chest X-ray; this is more common when a person is in or was in a risk country after the initial medical was completed (and Korea is considered to be a risk country).

jmomcc

Star Member
May 29, 2014
ah.. I'm an idiot.

I'm guessing that getting an email about this, means my deadline is extended?

edit: also yes, it is a chest x-ray. I'm going to ask them when they take it to tell me if it is ok. I never actually heard anything originally, and my doctor told me they would call me if anything popped up.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jmomcc said:
ah.. I'm an idiot.

I'm guessing that getting an email about this, means my deadline is extended?

edit: also yes, it is a chest x-ray. I'm going to ask them when they take it to tell me if it is ok. I never actually heard anything originally, and my doctor told me they would call me if anything popped up.
Most likely, nothing popped on the original. It's probably just that you have been in a risk country for a significant amount of time after the original x-ray was done and they want to make sure you are still fine. This is not an uncommon request from CIC.