+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused

dope46

Apr 18, 2020
Hey everyone,

Got few things I need to know in regards to the travel restrictions. I’m a Swede and have a valid ETA which should expire in five years time.I recently got my AIP last week with a pass to the next stage and was wondering if I can travel with just the AIP and letters from the university stating that my program requires lab classes.

Do you guys think I have any chances of going through the border??

Your insights will be much appreciated

Reactions: caaanada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey everyone,

Got few things I need to know in regards to the travel restrictions. I’m a Swede and have a valid ETA which should expire in five years time.I recently got my AIP last week with a pass to the next stage and was wondering if I can travel with just the AIP and letters from the university stating that my program requires lab classes.

AIP allows you to start school remotely but not to travel to Canada.

ABMhatre

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hey everyone,

No.. You will need a Letter of Introduction that your study permit is approved to get the printed Study Permit document at the border.. AIP is not study permit approval yet.. You don’t yet have the final permission to study inside Canada..

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
No, you cannot travel with AIP. If it's your first so application, you will get a letter of introduction once you get full approval. You need to present that letter at the port of entry.