+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused

cndtogo

Dec 15, 2015
I am very confused if to apply alone or with my common-law partner. We got assessed by an agent and were informed that better that I apply first since my partner will drag down the score hence we will have lower chance.

and then tried a CRS calculator, result was I am not eligible to apply. But I tried with my common-law partner and states I got the chance..

Need your advise guys..
Thanks

chaios_13

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
IELTS Request
08-06-2016
Med's Request
04-07-2016
Med's Done....
12-07-2016
Passport Req..
02-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
cndtogo said:
I am very confused if to apply alone or with my common-law partner. We got assessed by an agent and were informed that better that I apply first since my partner will drag down the score hence we will have lower chance.

and then tried a CRS calculator, result was I am not eligible to apply. But I tried with my common-law partner and states I got the chance..

Need your advise guys..
Thanks
i guess its better if you apply with common law because you are eligible with it..,

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Common sense says it's better to apply with your partner.

ImmiWorks

Jul 4, 2016
An agent should not provide any kind of assessment. Hopefully the person you were talking to was either a lawyer or a regulated immigration consultant (both registrations and standings can be verified by the way - the earlier with the law society or the latter with ICCRC). If that is not the case and you have paid for an assessment there is action you can take. Either way, you should not be confused following an assessment.

In order to be eligible to apply under one of the economic classes through the Express Entry management system, one of you, you or your common-law partner, needs to be eligible under one of the following categories: FSW, CEC or FST. Otherwise, especially if one of you has any Canadian work experience or education, it is also worthwhile to have a look at the PNP options. Without any details, it is hard to go into any further details but in general while an accompanying partner can lower the overall score of the principal applicant, sponsoring an included but unaccompanying common-law partner at a later stage is usually a less desirable and highly complex scenario.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cndtogo said:
My CRS is only 330 plus even I get my common law partner apply with me..
Will this go thru?
You will never get direct ITA.

Get LMIA or try PNP.

cndtogo

Dec 15, 2015
thejkhan said:
You will never get direct ITA.

Get LMIA or try PNP.
can we apply PNP even we dont have relatives in any state? should we still apply as couple for PNP?
im so sorry if you find my questions stupid..

chaios_13

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
IELTS Request
08-06-2016
Med's Request
04-07-2016
Med's Done....
12-07-2016
Passport Req..
02-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
cndtogo said:
can we apply PNP even we dont have relatives in any state? should we still apply as couple for PNP?
are both of you in canada right now?

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
When you say common law partner - you mean you're living together, just not married right?
If that's the case then you should declare your partner. Your scores will be lower, but that's just how the system works.

It will fall under misrepresentation if you apply as 'single' to improve your scores, but in reality you are committed to someone already.

If you need more information as to how to apply for Provincial Nomination, please refer to the PNP forum :)

cndtogo

Dec 15, 2015
LokiJr01 said:
When you say common law partner - you mean you're living together, just not married right?
If that's the case then you should declare your partner. Your scores will be lower, but that's just how the system works.

It will fall under misrepresentation if you apply as 'single' to improve your scores, but in reality you are committed to someone already.

If you need more information as to how to apply for Provincial Nomination, please refer to the PNP forum :)
Yes, that is our current situation..
I have been reading PNP forums, but never read anything about common-law partners..

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cndtogo said:
PNP can be hard if you're not in Canada.

Look into Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Nova Scotia PNP.

cndtogo

Dec 15, 2015
thejkhan said:
PNP can be hard if you're not in Canada.

Look into Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Nova Scotia PNP.
and the thing is we dont have relatives in there.. we dont have job offer..
i dont know how to push this :'( :'( :'( :'(

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cndtogo said:
and the thing is we dont have relatives in there.. we dont have job offer..
i dont know how to push this :'( :'( :'( :'(
You don't need to have job offer for all streams. Having relatives is not mandatory either, though it helps with getting more points. Look into the PNPs I mentioned.