+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONFUSED!!!

aizi

Apr 22, 2012
Hi! This is Ali from Pakistan.
I wanted to ask a question. Okay, so I want to go to Canada and want a permanent residency as well. I also want to study and make a life there. What is the easiest way?
I am very confused and I dont have much time either. I hope you can help me.
Thank you!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi Confused:
Well, pull up a comfy chair and get a nice tall drink, because you have a bit of homework to do. If you haven't already gone through the CIC website (and I suspect you might have by your choice of nickname, LOL) then this is the first thing you might learn: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/
The quickest way is to get a job offer and apply under one of the PNP (Provincial Nominee Programmes), but getting a job offer is difficult. Coming in as a student you will have to prove solid ties to your home country, adequate income, job, etc. Also, tuition fees for foreign students are MUCH higher than they would be for a permanent resident, so you may want to consider that. If you are fortunate enough to have a profession in the list of Skilled Workers (NOC 29), and IF that list remains unchanged when it reopens on 1 July 2012, then you could get your application prepared and ready to courier by the end of June or early July. You will have to take the English or French exams before applying. It is anticipated that there will be changes coming to the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) programme in July, so keep your eyes open for that.
There is no quick answer. Everything takes a lot of time and effort to apply and survive the waiting periods. Hope this didn't increase your confusion! All the best.

aizi

Apr 22, 2012
Thank you:)
But the thing is, that I am ONLY 18 years old and I live independently.
I really need good advice for how I can come to Canada.
I need to be there because my girlfriend and I have been trying to survive a long distance relationship, and it's been 2 years. our situation is becoming difficult day by day, because her father dislikes me and wants her to be as far from me as possible. this is a very complicated matter. I am very sorry for wasting your time. I really need good piece of information. Although the one you gave me was helpful..
I hope you have the right kind of information for me.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I hope other seniors will jump in with suggestions. Sounds like study visa may be the most likely to work, but you will have to look at courses and the costs involved. You will have to prove that you have STRONG TIES to your country and that you will return after your studies. You will have to convince them that you are unable to get the same education in your country. WHY do you have to study in Canada? How does the course you choose fit with your education to date? All sorts of questions to prove that you are a "real" student. You will have to show that you have enough money to support yourself and pay for your tuition. Read all the requirements for the study visa application. If you are able to get the study visa and come to Canada and live with your girl friend for a minimum of a year, you may be able to claim common law status. I am not sure if your age would be an issue and being sponsored has its own requirements. Go to the white search box at the top of the main page and do a search for other posts that will help you.

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
dont worry aizi, there are alot of people in the same predicament as you are in - I suggest you goto a travel agent, immigration lawyer or student visa councilors and they will help you normally they give you 100% guarantee. If you need more info and contact number on who to contact ( if you live in islamabad by any chance) then personal message me and I will tell you :)

Cheer up boy - it's not the end of the world!