+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused. Work History in the SIX years or since you became a PR

saran236

Jun 4, 2013
1) Worked or studied in the past six (6) years before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent ("the relevant period").

2) Write all your Canadian addresses for the six (6) years before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent ("the relevant period"), including the postal codes.

Question:

I lived in Canada for 3 Years before I became a permanent resident
I am having difficulty answering above questions, Is it up to me if i only want to provide the information since i became a Permanent resident(4 years for me)
Does it mean I do not have provide work/address History before i became a Permanent resident?

Last edited:

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
1) Worked or studied in the past six (6) years before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent ("the relevant period").

2) Write all your Canadian addresses for the six (6) years before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent ("the relevant period"), including the postal codes.

Question:

I lived in Canada for 3 Years before I became a permanent resident
I am having difficulty answering above questions, Is it up to me if i only want to provide the information since i became a Permanent resident(4 years for me)
Does it mean I do not have provide work/address History before i became a Permanent resident?
How long have you been living in Canada ?

Is it like 7 years for you ?

If yes then you need to provide addresses in last 6 years and it includes your addresses you have lived in Canada before becoming PR. Just count 6 years back from the date of your application and include all Canadian addresses

Last edited:

blurryface236

Jan 4, 2016
How long have you been living in Canada ?

Is it like 7 years for you ?

If yes then you need to provide addresses in last 6 years and it includes your addresses you have lived in Canada before becoming PR. Just count 6 years back from the date of your application

Thanks
It's really confusing when they give you a choice

**Whichever is more recent**
Becoming Permanent resident is recent for me

Is it Up to us to show history only after you became a Permanent resident ?

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Thanks

No. more recent means for those who have come to Canada to live after becoming a PR.. For them their 6 years have not completed yet so those people don't have to provide last 6 years only the period they have lived after coming to Canada

Last 6 years counts to people like you who have been living here before becoming a PR

Basically it needs last 6 years Canadain addresses if you have one

Hope you understand

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
No. more recent means for those who have come to Canada to live after becoming a PR.. For them their 6 years have not completed yet so those people don't have to provide last 6 years only the period they have lived after coming to Canada

Last 6 years counts to people like you who have been living here before becoming a PR

Hope you understand
That's wrong! is it mention on application form, Worked or studied in the past six (6) years before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent . Which mean since he became PR!

Reactions: dpenabill

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Thanks

That's wrong! is it mention on application form, Worked or studied in the past six (6) years before the date of your application or since you became a permanent resident, whichever is more recent . Which mean since he became PR!

Nope. If thats the case there is no need to mention in the question more recent. IT should simply say provide your addresses in last 6 years...

blurryface236

Jan 4, 2016
@capermanet
That's Exactly what i was thinking

But again if that was the case why would they even give a Choice?

I mean if you lived here before becoming a PR or not it shouldn't matter 'cause the relevant period would be the 4 years after PR

Right?

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
@capermanet

I mean if you lived here before becoming a PR or not it shouldn't matter 'cause the relevant period would be the 4 years after PR

Right?
Basically it needs last 6 years Canadain addresses if you have one.If you have last 6 years Canadaian addresses you can provide. Those who don't have last 6 years canadian addresses they provide more recent.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
@capermanet

Right?
They want to know your history in Canada for last 6 years thats all..

If you have that then provide

if not provide more recent after becoming PR

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
They want to know your history since you became PR (because that's only time count under C24)!
only if your previous stay in canada is less than 6 years ,, if its more than 6 years then you need to include all 6 years addresses