+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused with PNP and Express entry

kevin petersen

Jul 27, 2012
Hey I guess it is based on the draw..I believe once u have high score it wont take much time for you to get the ITA...coz there will be a draw almost every month but i cant give u a exact tie though..

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do pnp nomination holder still need to do WES able to apply EE?

lexis

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2014
Nomination.....
August 30, 2014
AOR Received.
April 17 - XEP & May 7 - EP and UCI
IELTS Request
none
Med's Request
May 22, 2015
Med's Done....
May 30, 2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
July 22, 2015
For a spouse, it is not required to have an IELTS, it will only add points.

Regarding ECAS it is actually confuses everyone especially to those who are already nominated by a province. I, myself wonders too if it is mandatory. I have read other forums and sadly, majority says it is needed before proceeding EE application.

In my situation, my PR application is put on hold as I am considering to go thru EE and hoping my decision is right only. BTW, I have a job offer letter and a manitoba LOA. My wife didnt take IELTS, our credentials are neither assessed(we cant wait to send our docs for evaluation as it will take time) Both are graduated and possessed a Bachelors degree.. initial evaluation, i got scores of 786 only.it is not properly accounted though as some questions confuses me so I just skip it.

Ekniranjan2

Dec 2, 2014
Looks like existing(already approved) PNP's canNOT be used for creating express entry profile. You will only get additional points for YOUR PNP nomination ONLY when you get the PNP nomination issued under the new, yet to be created "express entry STREAM"

Reference: wwwDOTgazetteDOTgcDOTca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

FYI look at the last point of Section 5.(1) of Gazzette which says:

5. (1) In order to be "eligible to be issued an invitation", a foreign national must

(a) meet the requirements to be a member of at least one of the classes referred to in paragraphs 2(a) to (c);
(b) meet the requirements of
(i) subparagraph 82(2)(c)(ii) of the Regulations, if they are a foreign national referred to in paragraph 82(2)(b); or
(ii) clause 87.2(3)(d)(iv)(B) of the Regulations, if they are a foreign national referred to in subparagraph 87.2(3)(d)(iii); and

(c) not later than 30 days after the day on which they submit their expression of interest, register with the Job Bank of the Department of Employment and Social Development, if they do not have a qualifying offer of arranged employment or are not named in a nomination certificate issued by the government of a province referred to in paragraph 2(d) under its provincial nominee program "express entry stream" at the end of that period.

militellovincenzo

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2013
Nomination.....
06-03-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
File Transfer...
09-04-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2015
LANDED..........
30-01-2015
Mbgirlfriend said:
So basically my understanding is that there will be two ways to get a PNP. One will be to apply yourself the other will be to apply to the Express Entry and hope that one of the PNP ask you to apply to their PNP (basically knowing they will approve you quickly).
Exactly! Just to be clear, I don't think that who apply directly to PNP has to deal with Express Entry as well.
Express Entry and PNP are involved only when is the PNP office that looks on the EE pool to select those roles province needs.

kevin petersen

Jul 27, 2012
Hello

Please help me out with my confusion:

-I have applied for my PNP, which will be processed next February 2015 as the quota was filled
Now in January 2015 I will be applied for CEC and I will apply through EE, now what if I get my PNP? Will they consider it ?

As per question 9 in CIC

“here are two ways to do this. A person can:
• apply to the PNP first, get a nomination and then fill out an Express Entry profile; or
• fill out the Express Entry profile first. Provinces and territories can then search the Express Entry pool and ask a candidate to apply for their PNP. When the candidate gets a nomination certificate, they will update their Express Entry profile”

If I get nominated, I won’t be nominated via EE search but because I already applied? Please help

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
kevin petersen said:
Hello

Please help me out with my confusion:

-I have applied for my PNP, which will be processed next February 2015 as the quota was filled
Now in January 2015 I will be applied for CEC and I will apply through EE, now what if I get my PNP? Will they consider it ?

As per question 9 in CIC

“here are two ways to do this. A person can:
• apply to the PNP first, get a nomination and then fill out an Express Entry profile; or
• fill out the Express Entry profile first. Provinces and territories can then search the Express Entry pool and ask a candidate to apply for their PNP. When the candidate gets a nomination certificate, they will update their Express Entry profile”

If I get nominated, I won't be nominated via EE search but because I already applied? Please help
But if you waited for EE to get PNP nomination you could wait longer and not end up with one.

Basically you set up a profile on EE and this based on what documentation you can provide you get points if you have lots of points you get a ITA.

If you don't have enough points you have to wait for a job offer by an employer searching the EE or wait for a province to pick you because your profile meets the needs they have for their job market. So if you don't have a specific skill set you may never get picked by an employer or PNP.

You have better chances of getting a PNP by applying for one yourself. Once you get the PNP nomination you would apply to CIC by paper application. People who get the PNP nomination through EE would get to apply to CIC on line and could be faster than the paper application to CIC. But, it could take months to even get the ITA.

I am hoping that the whole PR process goes faster with the new system and that even the PNP nominees that apply by paper get processed faster.

kevin petersen

Jul 27, 2012
Mbgirlfriend

Thanks for the response. But if i get the PNP than dont I fall under second point

Express Entry candidates may either:

enter the pool first, and then be nominated by a province or territory; or
be nominated by a province or territory, and then complete an online Express Entry profile.

-Instead of applying, I will be updating. Since, I fall under CEC and i guess i should be able to update my profile which will give me higher point in the next draw
- I did not see any wer that if you get your pnp while your EE profile is open, you should continue with the paper based application. Correct me if i am wrong?

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
kevin petersen said:
Mbgirlfriend

Thanks for the response. But if i get the PNP than dont I fall under second point

Express Entry candidates may either:

enter the pool first, and then be nominated by a province or territory; or
be nominated by a province or territory, and then complete an online Express Entry profile.

-Instead of applying, I will be updating. Since, I fall under CEC and i guess i should be able to update my profile which will give me higher point in the next draw
- I did not see any wer that if you get your pnp while your EE profile is open, you should continue with the paper based application. Correct me if i am wrong?
If you qualify under CEC then when you get your PNP nomination you should get a ITA and then be able to do the on-line application. However, what I was trying to explain is that not everyone who gets a PNP would also be able to qualify under CEC and those people still apply to CIC by paper.

My bf would also qualify under CEC and just got his PNP nomination but he has decided not to use the EE. It is a new system and it could end up having some issues for the first few months. Although they are saying that it will only take 6 months to get your PR once you get your ITA nobody has any idea how long it will take to get the ITA. We are a little concerned that for the fist few months the EE will be over loaded with profiles and won't actually end up saving much time. We know what is needed to do the paper application with the PNP nomination and what the basic process is. We decided that at this point adding one more step to the application process by having to make a EE profile will just add to the stress.

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hey mbgirlfriend

I guess u r taking the right decision...i am sure there will be many glitches in the system..plus since u got the nomination and if u r with ur bf in canada,,den u should not worry...the reason i am hurrying up is because i am not able to get my wife since her visa was rejected....

But i still did not get my answer..please help if u can....

I applied for pnp and it will be processed next year

I want to apply for cec via ee and once i get pnp than i update my profile. My confusion is will i get the 600 points since according to to cic website u have to be nominated by province via EE.

Please provide ur insight

Thanks in advance

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
I received my PNP Nomination back in September and submitted all my documents right away to CIC. The documents were received and signed by a CIC staff on September 18 and I have yet to receive a file number (confirming that my case is in process). In fact, many applicants whose papers were received by CIC in September have not received their file numbers while it normally takes CIC 70 days max to issue the file numbers.

So the way I look at EE is that it provides an alternative for those who have obtained PNP Nomination and the Nomination is still valid when EE goes live. For those who already submitted their PR application they can still consider EE if:
1. They are willing to pay double the money to get the PR since money paid for the original PR application submitted prior to EE goes live will not be refunded.
2. They want to obtain their PR within 6 months or at least have a time frame in mind because at the moment obtaining PR through the tradition way can takes up to 2 years.

It is a tough decision to make, but I think I will want to be safe than sorry and think of paying for an extra application as an insurance to obtaining a PR.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
curious_123 said:
Hey mbgirlfriend

I guess u r taking the right decision...i am sure there will be many glitches in the system..plus since u got the nomination and if u r with ur bf in canada,,den u should not worry...the reason i am hurrying up is because i am not able to get my wife since her visa was rejected....

But i still did not get my answer..please help if u can....

I applied for pnp and it will be processed next year

I want to apply for cec via ee and once i get pnp than i update my profile. My confusion is will i get the 600 points since according to to cic website u have to be nominated by province via EE.

Please provide ur insight

Thanks in advance

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#4

# 9 in this link explains this

9. What is the process for potential candidates who want to use both a Provincial Nominee Program and Express Entry?

There are two ways to do this. A person can:

apply to the PNP first, get a nomination and then fill out an Express Entry profile; or
fill out the Express Entry profile first. Provinces and territories can then search the Express Entry pool and ask a candidate to apply for their PNP. When the candidate gets a nomination certificate, they will update their Express Entry profile.
In either case, once a person updates their Express Entry profile to show they have a provincial or territorial nomination certificate, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

So my understanding is that you will get the pints needed to get the ITA from the EE.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
Mbgirlfriend said:
# 9 in this link explains this

9. What is the process for potential candidates who want to use both a Provincial Nominee Program and Express Entry?

apply to the PNP first, get a nomination and then fill out an Express Entry profile; or
fill out the Express Entry profile first. Provinces and territories can then search the Express Entry pool and ask a candidate to apply for their PNP. When the candidate gets a nomination certificate, they will update their Express Entry profile.
In either case, once a person updates their Express Entry profile to show they have a provincial or territorial nomination certificate, they will be given enough additional points to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

So my understanding is that you will get the pints needed to get the ITA from the EE.
Yes, in most cases you will have enough points to get an invite for the first few rounds if you do not have a lot of strong candidates entering the pool at the same time. PNP Nomination = 600 points, which is the same as arranged employments, so in order to guarantee an invite for the first few rounds, you also need to score high in other areas such as education, language and work experience.

Mbgirlfriend

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2015
AOR Received.
July 9, 2015
Med's Request
January 19, 2016
Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
militellovincenzo said:
Exactly! Just to be clear, I don't think that who apply directly to PNP has to deal with Express Entry as well.
Express Entry and PNP are involved only when is the PNP office that looks on the EE pool to select those roles province needs.
People who get PNP on their own don't have to go through EE but they could if they also qualify under CEC and having the PNP will give them the points needed to get the ITA. Then by being able to do the on line application offered by getting the ITA by EE instead of the paper application with just the PNP nomination their PR may process faster. This is hard to say since we don't know how long it will take to get the ITA.

I was unsure of this until this was posted by CIC on their website that explains this in #9. So a person can get a PNP nomination on their own and use it to get the points needed for the ITA though the EE. But only if they also qualify under FSW, CEC or FSWP. Like I said this may or may not speed up the process of getting the PR because once you get the ITA you can do the on-line application. However with it being a new system there could be issues and since we still don't know how long it will take to get the ITA (that could end up taking a few month on its own) its hard to say if just sending in the paper application will end up being as fast or faster.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#4

amardeepk

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-06-2015
I just called CIC, they said if you already have a provincial nomination, you are no longer eligible to apply under express entry. BUMMER!

I hope the lady is wrong!