+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused .. Visa approved not stamped :s

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
So i applied for a TRV (Multiple) online from Pakistan in september .. I already had a single entry TRV which was valid till october. but since i have to go in december .. i applied for another TRV ..

In 15 days i got a call from Canadian High Commission in Islamabad that My TRV has been approved and I should send my passport to the CHC Islamabad ASAP.

I told her I havent got anything in MYCIC, she said its okay write Your APPLICATION NO. on a paper and enclose it in the envelope too .. She confirmed my application Number ..

I sent my passport to CHC Islamabad and after 5 days I got an email in MYCIC that my visa is not approved ..
I have already been to USA on a J1 visa .. I have a B1/B2 visa to the United States for 5 years .. already had a TRV to canada ..

THen i got my passport and I didnt had a visa .. infact the Single entry TRV was stamped CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE but there was no Visa ..

I am very much confused what to do .. any suggestions??

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
yes i did .. the thing is i didnt use that TRV .. because i applied for it from USA and then i recieved my passport very late from CHC Newyork ..

so i didnt use that TRV ..

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umarnisar said:
In 15 days i got a call from Canadian High Commission in Islamabad that My TRV has been approved and I should send my passport to the CHC Islamabad ASAP.
For some reason, they decided to cancel your single entry visa which is why they lied to you and told you to send your passport for the stamp of the new visa. The reason I say this is because they "called" you instead of emailing you or placing a message on your MYCIC account. They know if they email something to you, you have a proof that they said your visa is granted. But by "calling" you and talking to you on the phone, you cannot prove it. I'm sorry this happened to you.

I think the only thing you can do at this point is to start the process all over again and send a new TRV application and include as many documentation as possible (i.e. bank statements, employment letter, etc). Good luck.

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
O_guy said:
For some reason, they decided to cancel your single entry visa which is why they lied to you and told you to send your passport for the stamp of the new visa. The reason I say this is because they "called" you instead of emailing you or placing a message on your MYCIC account. They know if they email something to you, you have a proof that they said your visa is granted. But by "calling" you and talking to you on the phone, you cannot prove it. I'm sorry this happened to you.

I think the only the thing you can do at this point is to start the process all over again and send a new TRV application and include as many documentation as possible (i.e. bank statements, employment letter, etc). Good luck.
Must admit this crossed my mind when reading the original post, however this was SUPER sketchy

umarnisar

May 1, 2013
Maybe thats what they did .. but why will they do it ??

I mean i dont see any reason for them doing it :s

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umarnisar said:
Maybe thats what they did .. but why will they do it ??

I mean i dont see any reason for them doing it :s
Is it possible that your situation has changed? Did you send bank statement and employment letter with your new TRV application? I'm not trying to excuse what they did. But yes, I think they lied to you just to get your passport in order to cancel your original visa. From now on, when someone "calls" you from the visa office, ask them to put the information in an email. Even in my regular job, when I have important conversation over the phone, I tell the other person that I will not act on what we discussed until he puts it in an email and sends it to me. That is a proof which people cannot lie about.

kfay2019

Feb 11, 2018
yes i did .. the thing is i didnt use that TRV .. because i applied for it from USA and then i recieved my passport very late from CHC Newyork ..

so i didnt use that TRV ..
i have visa also but received stamp
Cancellation Without Prejudice

Omokas2

Aug 23, 2018
So i applied for a TRV (Multiple) online from Pakistan in september .. I already had a single entry TRV which was valid till october. but since i have to go in december .. i applied for another TRV ..

I told her I havent got anything in MYCIC, she said its okay write Your APPLICATION NO. on a paper and enclose it in the envelope too .. She confirmed my application Number ..

I sent my passport to CHC Islamabad and after 5 days I got an email in MYCIC that my visa is not approved ..
I have already been to USA on a J1 visa .. I have a B1/B2 visa to the United States for 5 years .. already had a TRV to canada ..

THen i got my passport and I didnt had a visa .. infact the Single entry TRV was stamped CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE but there was no Visa ..

I am very much confused what to do .. any suggestions??

Omokas2

Aug 23, 2018
What i see in this situation is that,you still have a single TRV which is yet to expire also you have not used it and you re requesting for multiple entry.it became suspicious that was why your single entry was cancelled