+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused situation for BOWP and Visitor

Sidney.Bae

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
hello all,

I'm still waiting for oinp. My PGWP work permit expired in July, so I applied for bowp, by September I had not heard anything from anybody, no nomination, no bowp.

so, some people recommended that I applied for a restoration as visitor anyways before getting the result the bowp.

so I applied for restoration as visitor at the same time.

now, they are both refused, and bowp ask me to restore within 90 days. and restoration as visitor refused as visitor and refunded $100, did not mention anything about restoration.

does this mean they made a mistake? or I just need to apply restoration as visitor again?

thank you all

PK_11

Sep 18, 2014
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2016
Doc's Request.
16-09-2016 (RPRF)
Nomination.....
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
10-03-2017
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Not Reqd as of now
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
InLand Applicant
Sidney.Bae said:
hello all,

I'm still waiting for oinp. My PGWP work permit expired in July, so I applied for bowp, by September I had not heard anything from anybody, no nomination, no bowp.

so, some people recommended that I applied for a restoration as visitor anyways before getting the result the bowp.

so I applied for restoration as visitor at the same time.

now, they are both refused, and bowp ask me to restore within 90 days. and restoration as visitor refused as visitor and refunded $100, did not mention anything about restoration.

does this mean they made a mistake? or I just need to apply restoration as visitor again?

thank you all
First u should have not applied BOWP and visitor visa simultaneously. Visitor visa should be applied when u find no other option. Now u can apply student visa, based on some college and stay here until u get ur Pr, or try to apply visitor visa again, approval depends on reason of ur previous visa rejection. If ur OPNP was based on FSW, than u are ok, else OPNP will require some status to continue your file.

Sidney.Bae

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
PK_11 said:
First u should have not applied BOWP and visitor visa simultaneously. Visitor visa should be applied when u find no other option. Now u can apply student visa, based on some college and stay here until u get ur Pr, or try to apply visitor visa again, approval depends on reason of ur previous visa rejection. If ur OPNP was based on FSW, than u are ok, else OPNP will require some status to continue your file.

refusal just says no ties and the usual things.

oinp is such pain.

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
Sidney.Bae said:
refusal just says no ties and the usual things.

oinp is such pain.
If I may ask how much money did you show for your visitor visa? Also, how long did you ask for? Funds matter when it comes to visitor status application.

Sidney.Bae

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
epressentry said:
If I may ask how much money did you show for your visitor visa? Also, how long did you ask for? Funds matter when it comes to visitor status application.
I have 12000 funds, I put just 6 month.

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
Sidney.Bae said:
I have 12000 funds, I put just 6 month.
You got the $100 back for your visitor application but it was refused!? Refused meaning processed and regardless of the outcome the processing fee is not refunded. ONLY in the case if an application is withdrawn, you get the money back. So you might want to double check that. I think having two temporary applications submitted at the same time creates confusion but what's done is done now. Good luck!

Sidney.Bae

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
epressentry said:
You got the $100 back for your visitor application but it was refused!? Refused meaning processed and regardless of the outcome the processing fee is not refunded. ONLY in the case if an application is withdrawn, you get the money back. So you might want to double check that. I think having two temporary applications submitted at the same time creates confusion but what's done is done now. Good luck!
because restore is 200, I applied restore, in the letter says they will refund 100, so it was not treated as restore, so I think.