+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused on CRS, ITA

npatel23

Sep 28, 2020
Hello, I am confused regarding me and my family's viability to immigrate to Canada under Express Entry - (FSWP). Both my wife and I easily meet the minimum requirements for work, language ability, education and the min 67 points needed under the FSWP 100-point grid.

The CRS, however, is another matter. The sample calculator on the IRCC website indicates we would have a point total of ~389. Despite this score, the IRCC website indicates we may be eligible for admission via Express Entry. The lowest cutoff score I have seen is 415. This to me suggests that we could expend a lot of money (language tests, ECA, etc), yet never be invited to apply? Am I understanding this correctly? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I am confused regarding me and my family's viability to immigrate to Canada under Express Entry - (FSWP). Both my wife and I easily meet the minimum requirements for work, language ability, education and the min 67 points needed under the FSWP 100-point grid.

The CRS, however, is another matter. The sample calculator on the IRCC website indicates we would have a point total of ~389. Despite this score, the IRCC website indicates we may be eligible for admission via Express Entry. The lowest cutoff score I have seen is 415. This to me suggests that we could expend a lot of money (language tests, ECA, etc), yet never be invited to apply? Am I understanding this correctly? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, you are understanding correctly. Right now you would need to have 470+ points to be selected out of the Express Entry pool. You are well below that and would need to significantly increase your score to get an Express Entry invitation.

You may want to look into the PNP programs as another option. Certainly not an easy path and many require you to have a job offer in Canada. However it's an option you can consider if you don't have the points for EE.