+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONFUSED NEED HELP!!!!!!!!

peterhanna

May 21, 2007
hello to every one, my name is peter and i have confusing question and i really need answer for it.
im married to a canadian citizen and i we want to file for immigration to canada, but curently i live in the USA ...i came here on ourist visa then i overstayed because i had fears from going back home....they had me on removal proseedings because i ovewrstayed but i filled for asylum with the immigration judge and my claim is still pending and it seems like its gonna take a while to get any dessisions. my passport is expired and i cant go back home to renew it.
so now whith my setuation in the US , can i apply for canada immigration and have my aplication prossesed in buffalo or do i have to go back home even though i cant go because i have fears from going back ?? i would really apreciate it if anyone have an answer for me.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Hello Peter,

If you are eligible to have your passport renewed in your home country, then you should also be able to go to your country's embassy in the US to have it renewed. You should also contact a Canadian lawyer to help you navigate the immigration process - because it sounds like your situation will be dicey