+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused IP1 or IP2

Sandhu8857

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Hello All,
I got my AOR on May 6, i am a cec inland, on june 27 i got my medicals passed with biometrics invitation and RCMP as a additional document. My background check shows "we are processing your background check, we wil let you know if we need some More information" something like this. Upto my knowledge police checks are verified at the last stages of the application, is my eligibility passed? Because what i have heard is that they request RCMP only if they find somebody with your name with a criminal record, so they want to verify by your fingerprints that you are not that person, it means they were not just doing the R10, they were actually doing background check. Seniors, experienced members, please give your insight.

Jasonhilda927

Jan 24, 2020
Your assumption is exact what I believed. I am FSW-OUTLANDER, and just received the MP and BIL at June 23. But I have seen someone who issued a webform to ask the details of progress, which showed that the criminality check had been initiated, even though he did not receive any updates since he submitted the PR application. So the conclusion is the IRCC is doing all the work just with about 30 days delay on average and intentionally prolongs for sending the BIL request and MP update.

allencc1989

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
I am FSW_O, my AOR is on April 2 and I got my BIL and MEDs on June 19th, this Friday I got rprf fee request. I just wonder which stage should I be since I've seen people saying that the rprf fee is only request by IRCC when eligibility is passed?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I am FSW_O, my AOR is on April 2 and I got my BIL and MEDs on June 19th, this Friday I got rprf fee request. I just wonder which stage should I be since I've seen people saying that the rprf fee is only request by IRCC when eligibility is passed?
For faster processing always best to pay the RPRF fee upfront, even recommended by IRCC. It's likely a good sign that you have been asked to pay the fee as your application has likely been approved. Below from IRCC

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is paid by permanent resident applicants when their applications are approved. Permanent residence status is not granted until the RPRF is paid.

The RPRF applies to all permanent residence applicants except:

dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild; and
Protected Persons, including Convention refugees.
The RPRF can be paid at the same time as your application fees to help reduce delays during processing. If you don’t pay the RPRF up front, we will contact you with instructions on how to pay.

If you paid the RPRF up front and your application is not approved, it will be refunded.

Reactions: allencc1989

allencc1989

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
For faster processing always best to pay the RPRF fee upfront, even recommended by IRCC. It's likely a good sign that you have been asked to pay the fee as your application has likely been approved. Below from IRCC

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is paid by permanent resident applicants when their applications are approved. Permanent residence status is not granted until the RPRF is paid.

The RPRF applies to all permanent residence applicants except:

dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild; and
Protected Persons, including Convention refugees.
The RPRF can be paid at the same time as your application fees to help reduce delays during processing. If you don’t pay the RPRF up front, we will contact you with instructions on how to pay.

If you paid the RPRF up front and your application is not approved, it will be refunded.
Thank you very much

YouGotMeHere

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
That assumption is long gone. Based on your AOR, you might have just passed R.10 most likely and best case would be the Case Analyst review but i highly doubt it.

Here's the avg timeline

AOR >> 20-40 days (R.10 Check, MEP, BIL) >>> 25-30 days from the last milestone (Case Analyst Eligibility Review) >> 45-90 days from the last milestone (Officer Eligibility Review)

Try sending a Webform on 19th Juy or later