+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confused if i should Accept or Decline the ITA

kirushna

Oct 5, 2018
Bangalore
Hi All

I have received ITA in April 3 Draw where the CRS cut off was 451. But my CRS when I created profile(Feb 14 2019) was only 443. On May 6th I will get 3 years of work experience so my score will go up by 25 points and it will be 468. But when checked my EE profile, My score has already been updated to 468 for same month and year of joining. Now am confused if i should Accept or Decline the Invite.

Could someone please Kindly help me in this regard.

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
It's totally fine to accept the ITA. Just don't send in your application till after you technically pass the 3 year mark at your job.

Reactions: kirushna

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
Hi All

I have received ITA in April 3 Draw where the CRS cut off was 451. But my CRS when I created profile(Feb 14 2019) was only 443. On May 6th I will get 3 years of work experience so my score will go up by 25 points and it will be 468. But when checked my EE profile, My score has already been updated to 468 for same month and year of joining. Now am confused if i should Accept or Decline the Invite.

I would suggest to decline for now as anyways you would be reaching good score after sometime and you would easily get ITA in coming draws.

Why to accept ITA and wait till you complete 3 years experience. It doesn’t makes sense. Don’t complicate things. Keep it simple.

Reactions: aurelero

Jewelofthesand

Apr 10, 2018
Dear Seniors, I need your guidance please. I have recently received an ITA for April 3 draw. My EE score was 288 but have received a Provincial Nomination from Manitoba which brought my score up to 888. Now that I am reviewing and filling up my application, I just realized that under the "relative section - Niece / Nephew" they need to be borne of my siblings (i.e. my brother or sister's child). I ticked niece/nephew at the time of EE eligibility factor since I do have nephews there who are citizen but they are my first cousins' sons. Now I am totally confused what to do. Please advise. If I remove the relative point from my eligibility i will not achieve the 67 point factor. I'm not sure what to do, I certainly don't want to misrepresent myself.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Dear Seniors, I need your guidance please. I have recently received an ITA for April 3 draw. My EE score was 288 but have received a Provincial Nomination from Manitoba which brought my score up to 888. Now that I am reviewing and filling up my application, I just realized that under the "relative section - Niece / Nephew" they need to be borne of my siblings (i.e. my brother or sister's child). I ticked niece/nephew at the time of EE eligibility factor since I do have nephews there who are citizen but they are my first cousins' sons. Now I am totally confused what to do. Please advise. If I remove the relative point from my eligibility i will not achieve the 67 point factor. I'm not sure what to do, I certainly don't want to misrepresent myself.
why would you consider those your nieces and nephews in the first place????

Jewelofthesand

Apr 10, 2018
why would you consider those your nieces and nephews in the first place????
Sorry but I misunderstood. In our culture, our cousins' children are considered our nieces and nephews. anyway, I am now going to be short of 5 points, can I retake my IELTS to get a better score in language before I send my application. Will that work?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Sorry but I misunderstood. In our culture, our cousins' children are considered our nieces and nephews. anyway, I am now going to be short of 5 points, can I retake my IELTS to get a better score in language before I send my application. Will that work?
you're applying for canadian immigration, you have to check THEIR system, not your culture's. how much can you improve your ielts score by? what CLB were you?

Jewelofthesand

Apr 10, 2018
you're applying for canadian immigration, you have to check THEIR system, not your culture's. how much can you improve your ielts score by? what CLB were you?
again, not my intention to do that, sorry. anyway, I did CLB 7 without studying or reviewing any IELTS materials, just showed up for the test. Anyway, I think I can do better than 7 if I had taken it seriously. But again, will that even help now?

kirushna

Oct 5, 2018
Bangalore
Hi All

Thanks for all your reply, luckily found IRCC on Twitter, when checked they have confirmed that there is an issue with the work experience calculator so if I would attain 3 full years of experience by May6, then I shall go ahead and accept the ITA and submit application post that.

Thanks a lott for all your help, Cheers!!

Reactions: Audarya

Audarya

Dec 5, 2018
Thanks for all your reply, luckily found IRCC on Twitter, when checked they have confirmed that there is an issue with the work experience calculator so if I would attain 3 full years of experience by May6, then I shall go ahead and accept the ITA and submit application post that.

Thanks a lott for all your help, Cheers!!
Hi Kirushna, i wish i had found this answer sooner. I was in the same boat earlier - i completed 3 years work exp in april but i received ITA in Mar6 draw because of 25 points bump up in my crs. I eventually declined the ITA because i didn't want to take risk rather i thought it's better to wait. But thanks for sharing this information- i'm sure it will help many who are stuck / may get stuck in the same situation!