+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused - Got Request for both interview and send my passport? Please advise

a-imperator

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Hello and happy new year everyone

This morning I got an email from CIC-Calgary saying that I have a 'Confirmation of Permanent Residence' interview scheduled at 28th of January and that I should take my passport when I go.

"Your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at the above address"

A couple hours after that I got an email from CPCV_Extcom@cic.gc.ca requesting my passport be sent to Ottawa within 30 days.

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately via the IRCC Web Form with details concerning your situation.”

I'm a bit confused here. Do I have to send the passport or just go to the interview? Or do I have to do both? Send my passport first and hope I get it back before the 28th and then take it to the
interview?

Do they stamp the PR visa on my passport during the interview?

sdhou

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
I was just about to post the same thing. First received the landing interview email with appointment date and time(same location as you). Then an hour later received the passport request email. So confused now, tried calling IRCC call center but unable to get through. Do you know if you application was processed at CIC Edmonton by any chance?

Reactions: a-imperator

sdhou

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Also the passport request email incorrectly states my application was under Family Sponsorship class rather than CEC

a-imperator

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I was just about to post the same thing. First received the landing interview email with appointment date and time(same location as you). Then an hour later received the passport request email. So confused now, tried calling IRCC call center but unable to get through. Do you know if you application was processed at CIC Edmonton by any chance?
Also the passport request email incorrectly states my application was under Family Sponsorship class rather than CEC
I called CIC and they told me this happens as the PPR email is automated. You can chose to do either option as long as you don't miss the deadline.

So I'm choosing to just do the interview here in Calgary. They'll stamp my PR visa and give me my CoPR right there without having to flagpole, which will be the case if I decide to send my passport to Ottawa.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdhou

sdhou

Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Thanks for the update, I was unable to get an agent. I am planning to do exactly the same thing to avoid flagpoling.

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Hello and happy new year everyone

This morning I got an email from CIC-Calgary saying that I have a 'Confirmation of Permanent Residence' interview scheduled at 28th of January and that I should take my passport when I go.

"Your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at the above address"

A couple hours after that I got an email from CPCV_Extcom@cic.gc.ca requesting my passport be sent to Ottawa within 30 days.

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately via the IRCC Web Form with details concerning your situation.”

I'm a bit confused here. Do I have to send the passport or just go to the interview? Or do I have to do both? Send my passport first and hope I get it back before the 28th and then take it to the
interview?

Do they stamp the PR visa on my passport during the interview?
Hello. Please can you share the email address Calgary used in sending the email to you. Thank You