+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused. Got ITA under FSW instead of CEC. Please advise.

taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I received my ITA today. Its quite strange that I got an invite under FSW :eek: and not under CEC :mad: , since I have Canadian Experience and 40 points are added to my CRS for it. I thought ::) that there is a quota for number of CEC applicants in a draw and if that is crossed you are still eligible under FSW. Is there a difference between FSW or CEC :-\. How does it matter. And should I proceed with this invite itself?

Please advise.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This question has been asked million times in this forum

You got FSW because you qualified for that too. You should have answered "NO" to the question "do you have Job offer?" and put zero in fund available. You actually can see your eligibility at the end of the process when you create your express entry profile. Mine showed only qualified for CEC not FSW

I submitted mine just like that and I got invited under CEC.

qiuqiushasha

Aug 10, 2015
I believe it depends! If you meet CEC and FSW both, it will be fine. However, if you meet CEC but do NOT meet FSW, SSCIC (stupid and shitty CIC) will definitely refuse you.

taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hansdza said:
This question has been asked million times in this forum

You got FSW because you qualified for that too. You should have answered "NO" to the question "do you have Job offer?" and put zero in fund available. You actually can see your eligibility at the end of the process when you create your express entry profile. Mine showed only qualified for CEC not FSW

I submitted mine just like that and I got invited under CEC.
Thanks for replying Hansdza. If I have a job offer, should I go ahead with this ITA, or should I decline and wait for next time??

jainad

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
taranjotwani said:
Thanks for replying Hansdza. If I have a job offer, should I go ahead with this ITA, or should I decline and wait for next time??
Do you have LMIA approved job? How many points do you have?

Also I think if they sent invite to you, just file it. I think along with all papers for CEC, you have to show pof as well and you will be good. Or do you have any other thoughts?

taranjotwani

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jainad said:
Do you have LMIA approved job? How many points do you have?

Also I think if they sent invite to you, just file it. I think along with all papers for CEC, you have to show pof as well and you will be good. Or do you have any other thoughts?
Hello Jainad, Thank you for the quick turnaround. I am currently on the International Exchange Program, which does not require LMIA, So No I dont have a LMIA approved job offer. I have 504 points. Can you please advise?

Ivyxu

Sep 8, 2015
Hi there,
First of all ,you should not say yes about "do you have a job offer", otherwise you are under CEC.
Anyway, it already happened, nothing we can do. Just let it be.
Since you got the ITA , go ahead and file you documents. God knows what time is your next chance.
You don'd need a LMIA , because international exchange program is no required of LMIA.
Follow the letter said so. and good luck!

jainad

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
taranjotwani said:
Hello Jainad, Thank you for the quick turnaround. I am currently on the International Exchange Program, which does not require LMIA, So No I dont have a LMIA approved job offer. I have 504 points. Can you please advise?
my best suggestion is go for it and now while filling your application put 'NO' under job offer letter. Show funds as required under FSW. Follow as per letter of ITA.

blink01

Sep 19, 2015
If someone doesn't check that they have a valid job offer in order to meet CEC only, how would they get points for their LMIA/LMO? The one single place that they can mention is in the work history where they can indicate if they have a Canadian work experience and if yes, whether it is with LMIA or not. Would they still gain 600 points?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blink01 said:
If someone doesn't check that they have a valid job offer in order to meet CEC only, how would they get points for their LMIA/LMO? The one single place that they can mention is in the work history where they can indicate if they have a Canadian work experience and if yes, whether it is with LMIA or not. Would they still gain 600 points?
No. If you have an LMIA, you get 600 points for it and are assured an invitation. You also don't have to show funds. So why on earth would you care whether your invitation is under FSW or CEC??

This board has a lot of GREAT information and advice, but it also spurs a huge amount of rumor and unnecessary worry and fretting and turning down of chances to become a Canadian PR. Use your own head, do your own research, and realize that with an LMIA, it doesn't matter one tiny little bit which program you have been invited under!

blink01

Sep 19, 2015
dobes said:
No. If you have an LMIA, you get 600 points for it and are assured an invitation. You also don't have to show funds. So why on earth would you care whether your invitation is under FSW or CEC??

This board has a lot of GREAT information and advice, but it also spurs a huge amount of rumor and unnecessary worry and fretting and turning down of chances to become a Canadian PR. Use your own head, do your own research, and realize that with an LMIA, it doesn't matter one tiny little bit which program you have been invited under!
Thank you dobes!

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
taranjotwani said:
Hello Everyone,

I received my ITA today. Its quite strange that I got an invite under FSW :eek: and not under CEC :mad: , since I have Canadian Experience and 40 points are added to my CRS for it. I thought ::) that there is a quota for number of CEC applicants in a draw and if that is crossed you are still eligible under FSW. Is there a difference between FSW or CEC :-\. How does it matter. And should I proceed with this invite itself?

Please advise.
On the contrary, I think you have a decision to make. Judging from the trend with July & August applicants (you can take the liberty to browse through the threads), PNP and CEC category of applicants get a bit of priority. A great number of them had their applications processed between 4-8 weeks while FSW inland category applicant have witnessed very little progress so far.

With a score 504 it's almost certain you would get another ITA with the next draw; however, no one is sure of when that would be; may be next month, next 2 months, etc. However based on the prevailing trends so far, I reckon the next draw would take place 1st week in October. Suffice to state, it would be a calculated move to decline your FSW ITA now and get another ITA as CEC applicant in order to enjoy faster processing time.

An important Caveat here is --- no one is sure when the next draw would be (if there would be any)