20-04-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-08-2017
Hi all ,

Its good to back to CanadaVisa forum after a gap of 5 Months . This forum has helped me in each and every steps for getting my PR during last year .

To summarize my details
I applied for PR under CEC category last year and I became a PR on Aug 2017 and I currently reside in GTA.

I got married around Oct of 2017(In Ontario and has a Marriage certificate for the same) and my Wife is also in Canada (she did her Masters here in Canada and is currently working here)
She has also completed her IELTS exam around March 2017 and will complete a year in her current job by June 2018.

I am a bit confused as to which path to take for applying her PR.
Since she has
  • completed Masters here
  • a Job
  • Completed IELTS
I don't feel the need to apply for spousal sponsorship and directly create an application under Express entry,

But when I was creating her profile - I answered her relationship status as Married and also mentioned that I am already a PR . But still I was asked to update my CELPIP test results. I took my Celpip tests in July of 2016 and I know that the results are valid only till July 2018.

Since her one year of employment completes only on June 2018 , I find the expiry date of my CELIP results to be too close to create her application post that.

Her current work permit expires on early 2021 , I am just looking for some advice as to which route to take. Any inputs on the same is highly appreciated.

PS : If I create her profile under express entry now(without completion of a year in her current work in Canada and with my celpip score) , she gets 450 points

Sorry for the long post

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all ,

Its good to back to CanadaVisa forum after a gap of 5 Months . This forum has helped me in each and every steps for getting my PR during last year .

To summarize my details
I applied for PR under CEC category last year and I became a PR on Aug 2017 and I currently reside in GTA.

I got married around Oct of 2017(In Ontario and has a Marriage certificate for the same) and my Wife is also in Canada (she did her Masters here in Canada and is currently working here)
She has also completed her IELTS exam around March 2017 and will complete a year in her current job by June 2018.

I am a bit confused as to which path to take for applying her PR.
Since she has
  • completed Masters here
  • a Job
  • Completed IELTS
I don't feel the need to apply for spousal sponsorship and directly create an application under Express entry,

But when I was creating her profile - I answered her relationship status as Married and also mentioned that I am already a PR . But still I was asked to update my CELPIP test results. I took my Celpip tests in July of 2016 and I know that the results are valid only till July 2018.

Since her one year of employment completes only on June 2018 , I find the expiry date of my CELIP results to be too close to create her application post that.

Her current work permit expires on early 2021 , I am just looking for some advice as to which route to take. Any inputs on the same is highly appreciated.

PS : If I create her profile under express entry now(without completion of a year in her current work in Canada and with my celpip score) , she gets 450 points

Sorry for the long post
You have to be added as a non-accompanying spouse. That is, your English scores, work experience and education should NOT add any points to her application. If she's going to take this approach then she has to qualify based on her own merits.

Also, if she doesn't have any other work experience then you shouldn't be creating a profile at this point in time.

Reactions: ssvijay

ssvijay

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-04-2017 (e-AOR)
Med's Done....
20-04-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
10-08-2017
You have to be added as a non-accompanying spouse. That is, your English scores, work experience and education should NOT add any points to her application. If she's going to take this approach then she has to qualify based on her own merits.

Also, if she doesn't have any other work experience then you shouldn't be creating a profile at this point in time.
Thanks a lot for the response. I will try creating her profile with the option of non-accompanying spouse and see the score
She actually has 2.5 year work experience in India following that , she did her Masters here