+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused between already granted student visa and Express entry

ameer3060

Dec 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I applied for the Study permit and have received the email to submit passport http://prntscr.com/io0e5b, I have one month to submit passport here are some of the queries that I have, if you can answer point by point that would be great.

1- I am also waiting for UBC admission decision after visa can I change his university after visa?

2- OI will be finishing 3 years of experience as Full stack web developer in June this year which means if I can score CLB9 I can get ITA very easily, the question is can I apply for express entry while I am on the student visa and degree is incomplete?

3- If I decide to go for express entry directly, how to decline the visa request that doesn't affect any future applications with CIC (Express entry)

Thank you in advance.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment and these answers based on my understanding only

1)yes you can change institution after a permit has been issued. This is all explained on the CIC website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=487&top=15

2)you can apply for EE at any time as long as you qualify, makes little difference being on a study permit other than if you are relying say for your degree as part of the EE submission in which case of course you would need to graduate to claim that credit.

3)I do not have an answer for this, how to do it, but declining has no effect on any future applications

Reactions: ameer3060

shagunsangwan

Jul 11, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
A
Hello everyone,

I applied for the Study permit and have received the email to submit passport http://prntscr.com/io0e5b, I have one month to submit passport here are some of the queries that I have, if you can answer point by point that would be great.

1- I am also waiting for UBC admission decision after visa can I change his university after visa?
You can change it anytime, but the thing is, every University has some tuition fee deposit deadline, make sure they hold the seat for you till you arrive there.

2- I will be finishing 3 years of experience as Full stack web developer in June this year which means if I can score CLB9 I can get ITA very easily, the question is can I apply for express entry while I am on the student visa and degree is incomplete? My wife applied for her PR while she was on her study visa, and she dropped her studies in between as she got the ITA and it makes no sense to pay the international tuition when you are getting the PR. In fact, if you are applying as an FSW from inside of Canada (inland applicant), in my experience, it makes your application quite faster.

3- If I decide to go for express entry directly, how to decline the visa request that doesn't affect any future applications with CIC (Express entry)
Don't need to decline, first of all. But if this is what you want, just go to your cic account and there might be an option to decline.
thank you in advance.

ameer3060

Dec 27, 2017
Thank you
Others can comment and these answers based on my understanding only

1)yes you can change institution after a permit has been issued. This is all explained on the CIC website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=487&top=15

2)you can apply for EE at any time as long as you qualify, makes little difference being on a study permit other than if you are relying say for your degree as part of the EE submission in which case of course you would need to graduate to claim that credit.

3)I do not have an answer for this, how to do it, but declining has no effect on any future applications

Thank you, it was very helpfull.

naina17955

Mar 27, 2018
I have my acceptance from a Canadian university and will be applying for study permit however last year i was in the Express entry pool which is now not active/withdrawn, what should i fill in the back ground question for ''applied previously to enter or remain in Canada'' will this affect my chances of getting study permit