+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confused between 2 different representative forms

as123sa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
hey guys,

I am going to apply for my parent's visitor visa of Canada. I will be a representative for them. I was looking for various forms online after completing "come to Canada tool questionaries". I use my dad as a main applicant and I add my mom as a family member of my dad. So, I want to apply together for both from one mycic account. I understand most of that forms except representative form. To describe in brief, I got two representative forms. one of them is "USE OF A REPRESENTATIVE IMM5476". I understand this form that I should put my details in representative boxes. But in another form "USE OF A FAMILY MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS IMM5713", should I put my details or my dad's details in representative boxes????

looking forward to hearing.
thanks.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hey guys,

I am going to apply for my parent's visitor visa of Canada. I will be a representative for them. I was looking for various forms online after completing "come to Canada tool questionaries". I use my dad as a main applicant and I add my mom as a family member of my dad. So, I want to apply together for both from one mycic account. I understand most of that forms except representative form. To describe in brief, I got two representative forms. one of them is "USE OF A REPRESENTATIVE IMM5476". I understand this form that I should put my details in representative boxes. But in another form "USE OF A FAMILY MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS IMM5713", should I put my details or my dad's details in representative boxes????

thanks.
You will submit IMM 5476 (Use of representative) where your parents will authorize you to represent them.

You cannot submit IMM 5713 as you are not applying for a TRV yourself along with them

as123sa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
You will submit IMM 5476 (Use of representative) where your parents will authorize you to represent them.

You cannot submit IMM 5713 as you are not applying for a TRV yourself along with them
so do you mean I should write my fathers details as a family member representative in IMM 5713?

as123sa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
If you are the authorized representative for both your parents, they must not submit IMM 5713. They would only submit IMM 5476
ok, thanks for getting back, but if I look at IMM 5476, there is just one space for applicant. where I can only either write my dad's name or mother's name. should I submit two copies of IMM 5476 ,authorizing my mom and dad separately.

also what should I submit in the space of IMM 5713? should I keep that submission blank?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ok, thanks for getting back, but if I look at IMM 5476, there is just one space for applicant. where I can only either write my dad's name or mother's name. should I submit two copies of IMM 5476 ,authorizing my mom and dad separately.
It's the other way around. Your parents would be authorizing you. Yes, two IMM 5476s, one from each applicant.

also what should I submit in the space of IMM 5713? should I keep that submission blank?
Did you complete the eligibility tool like as if you are applying for a TRV yourself?

You're probably getting the IMM 5713 if you filled the eligibility tool like you are also applying for a TRV.... or it is appearing in the checklist because your dad can be the authorized rep for your mom (in which case IMM 5713) without authorizing you as their rep

as123sa

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
It's the other way around. Your parents would be authorizing you. Yes, two IMM 5476s, one from each applicant.

Did you complete the eligibility tool like as if you are applying for a TRV yourself?

You're probably getting the IMM 5713 if you filled the eligibility tool like you are also applying for a TRV.... or it is appearing in the checklist because your dad can be the authorized rep for your mom (in which case IMM 5713) without authorizing you as their rep
no, I answered all questions based on my parents status and details.
but I believe your second statements looks closely
{it is appearing in the checklist because your dad can be the authorized rep for your mom (in which case IMM 5713) without authorizing you as their rep[/QUOTE]}.
because I keep my dad as a main applicant and I add my mom to my dad's family member. and I will use just one mycic account of my dad.

agrawalravi90

Jan 29, 2019
@as123sa I'm in the same boat, I'm a representative for them, but the myCIC account is my dad's, so not sure how to fill IMM 5713. Since it's been more than a year, can you please tell me what you ended up doing with IMM 5713?

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
So since you are applying for both your parents and using your dad's account to lodge dthe application and acting as their rep., You have two rep forms to fill . This is the way it will be. On 5713, your dad is the rep for your mom. And on 5746, you are the rep for your dad's account applicn. You have to do both forms. On 5713 the applicant is your dad and your mom is the family member and on the other your dad is the applicant and you are the rep.

Reactions: SIMRAN0001

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
hey guys,

thanks.
Put your dad's details on 5713.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Hello,
I have created cic account in my mom's name to apply for her TRV. I did not get Family Representative form IMM 5713 in document checklist.
question
1. Can I submit online application being in Canada for my mom who is in India.
2. or shall I apply for TRV from my GIC account?

Thank you

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
Please be advised the 5713 is only when there is multiple family members applying together. In such case account of the one of the family members is used to submit application for all. In that case such member acts as a principal applicant and on behalf of others and hence the form that represents other members' consent and principal member's authority to act on their behalf.

The 5475e is the form that is the authority to release personal information to designated individual. Thats what you use if you wish to represent your family member. So say if my mom is visiting me in Canada, I can receive information on her file through this form.
Re: your questions
1. Yes you can submit visitor visa applicn for your mom while u r in canada.
2. Make a cic account for her and then begin the application.
You would not need to use 5713e if it is only your mom visiting you. Thts y u dnt hav it in checklist

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Thank you so much

Please be advised the 5713 is only when there is multiple family members applying together. In such case account of the one of the family members is used to submit application for all. In that case such member acts as a principal applicant and on behalf of others and hence the form that represents other members' consent and principal member's authority to act on their behalf.

The 5475e is the form that is the authority to release personal information to designated individual. Thats what you use if you wish to represent your family member. So say if my mom is visiting me in Canada, I can receive information on her file through this form.
Re: your questions
1. Yes you can submit visitor visa applicn for your mom while u r in canada.
2. Make a cic account for her and then begin the application.
You would not need to use 5713e if it is only your mom visiting you. Thts y u dnt hav it in checklist

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi guys
Just need to enquire, are signatures required on both forms or digital would work?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi Guys ,

I am about to apply for a visitor record for my parents ,created a CIC account for both of them.

My doubts are :

• Since I am filling up the application from their cic account ,do I need to fill any representative form ? If yes ,which one should I fill ?

• I have a letter of financial support with my employment details which I will upload in financial support tab in the portal .But to explain why they need an extension ,do I need to upload an LOE in client information signed by them or I just explain the reason in financial support letter ?

• Since they are retired ,should I upload the property papers for both of them to show strong ties with home country .(They have visited Canada 3 times & the USA two times in last 10 years and went back within a month .)