+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused b/w MS and PGDC

Nirva Bhalsod

Jul 16, 2018
Hey,there.
I am from INDIA.I just got your website and saw your work.First of all let me tell u it's amazing.
Now,i have a bunch of queries regarding to study in Canada and specifically University of TORONTO,UBC and waterloo university.

Let me first tell u my grades.
I had 90% in 10th
76% in 12th science
currently i m in computer engineering and in 7th semester.Also haven't got my 6th sem results yet.So,i have
6.97 CPI or u can say 61.1% and i had 2 backlogs ,1 in 1st sem and 2nd in 4th sem.Both are clesred in one attempt.In which 1st one was not from my subject it was a mechanical subject and 2nd is internal backlog.
CPI=6.97 till semester 5.
and 2 semesters remaining.
Preparing for IELTS.

Now,i specially want admission in Toronto,bcoz it is my ambition and i personally want to go there only.
Can i get admission into UOT,UBC or waterloo?in Masters at this grades?

Also,i have heard that students can not get part time work permit if they are in masters,is it true?Bcoz my financial condition is also not that strong that i can get whole cost from my home.
I am planning to apply for scholarships, so please give me any suggestions for scholarships.

And i know that job is totally on skills and knowledge only but then how masters have high value than PGDC?

Another query,
i have done lots of social works in my country like i am in NGOs and done lots of social activities like programs on literacy and education and list is endless.Will i get any benefits of that?

Please suggest me the PGD colleges specially in toronto.
What should i go for?MS or PGD?

Please help...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately your marks seem too low for a masters at the schools you have selected. You likely need 80% or more. Masters is more advanced than a PGD. You will have to look to see what makes sense based on previous education. Your program should lead to better career opportunities. You will have to find the relevant PGD. There are usually no scholarships fr foreign students. You may receive a grant from the school in exchange for teaching or being a TA. PhDs are usually the ones who are supported partially or fully by the university. Most student visas allow you to work 20 hours of week during classes. It may be difficult to work that much if your program is demanding. You would only be able to work to support part of your living expenses.