+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused, anyone in similar situation?

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Spousal sponsorship file was supposed to be with Mexico office. Now I'm getting correspondence from Australia office and being requested to send police checks and info from Australia, New Zealand and even Fiji. Background: I am sponsoring my husband who lives in Dominican Republic. He has never been to any of those places. Just wondering why Australia is sending us letters, when the sponsorship file was in Mexico office. We got no correspondence by the way stating that another office was taking over our file. I'm very confused. They are also requesting some things that were also submitted before and a recently submitted not expired. Also requesting some things that are to be renewed which is fine. But just a mixed bag of stuff just got me a little confused and caught off guard. Can anybody relate?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Spousal sponsorship file was supposed to be with Mexico office. Now I'm getting correspondence from Australia office and being requested to send police checks and info from Australia, New Zealand and even Fiji. Background: I am sponsoring my husband who lives in Dominican Republic. He has never been to any of those places. Just wondering why Australia is sending us letters, when the sponsorship file was in Mexico office. We got no correspondence by the way stating that another office was taking over our file. I'm very confused. They are also requesting some things that were also submitted before and a recently submitted not expired. Also requesting some things that are to be renewed which is fine. But just a mixed bag of stuff just got me a little confused and caught off guard. Can anybody relate?
Why start a new thread? Is this going to help somehow?

Or is the goal to get everyone else just as confused?

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Lol just wondering if others files are being moved around or getting correspondence from other offices. This seems strange to me. Also this is my first time going through this type of process. Wondering if it's common for several types of immigration offices to be sending correspondence and requesting documents. Especially when some of the documents have already been submitted. Wondering why it feels like more than 3 offices are taking over the sponsorship file and seems like they are not organized or communicating with each other which is also frustrating for us.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Lol just wondering if others files are being moved around or getting correspondence from other offices. This seems strange to me. Also this is my first time going through this type of process. Wondering if it's common for several types of immigration offices to be sending correspondence and requesting documents. Especially when some of the documents have already been submitted. Wondering why it feels like more than 3 offices are taking over the sponsorship file and seems like they are not organized or communicating with each other which is also frustrating for us.
They do move files around when needed internally eg becase some offices busier.

But have not heard of this with Australian visa offices and clearly they think there is an Australian connection.

Perhaps a dumb question but: have you tried replying to the australian VO (Sydney?) and asking, explaining that your spouse has no Australian residence or travel history?

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Webforms often take longer - if you received an email directly from the Australian visa office, try writing directly.
Just did that, sent a direct reply to the email they sent me and realized there is a time difference it's like 2:00am there right now omg. That's probably why I received their email at 2am last night in Canada.

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Wow, congrats - was this a reply direct from the visa office in australia?
The "made a mistake" part was direct reply from Australia. The pre arrival letter was sent to IRCC online account, just a few hours later appeared after the correspondence with Australia. Yay!

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The "made a mistake" part was direct reply from Australia. The pre arrival letter was sent to IRCC online account, just a few hours later appeared after the correspondence with Australia. Yay!
Amazing the quick resolution. I wonder now why it was sent there instead of some other office. Anyway, movement is movement.

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Amazing the quick resolution. I wonder now why it was sent there instead of some other office. Anyway, movement is movement.
Yes I'm still wondering why it's there also . I thought if it moved they would send correspondence. They notified us when it moved from Canada to Mexico. But not to Australia. Oh well.

Reactions: armoured

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Update: they said it was a mistake on their part. On the bright side they then sent pre arrival services document! I hope it is true. So much closer now.
oh goodness, I read your post and I got confused and a bit scared even though this is not at all related to me. hope everything goes fine. IRCC tends to give a mild heart arrest sometimes.

Canelita647

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
oh goodness, I read your post and I got confused and a bit scared even though this is not at all related to me. hope everything goes fine. IRCC tends to give a mild heart arrest sometimes.

I was crying, had a big headache. Trust me, I was so confused. I wanted to give up.