+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about whether to join Schulich School of Business or not

sachinrace

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
I have been admitted to big MBA brand of India IIM Indore 's Executive program and York University's Schulich School of Business .
IIM is costing me around $40000 and York , $90000.
Can anyone suggest if York is worth the investment or I shall try cheaper colleges like Ryerson . Or I shall stay back in India .

Thanks in advance,
Sachin

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it is a matter of personal preference.

Obviously you can save money in India when compared to York But perhaps a few questions can help you decide since you already got the admission from both schools.

What is the Mba brand of India offering you that York cannot provide?

Do you want to move to Canada and work or remain in India? York's MBA could be a boost for you here if you plan to move here permanently.

Compare both programs and see how much it meets your demands. Then choose the one stands out the best for you.

By the way, Schulich' School of Business has a great reputation in Canada.

sachinrace said:
I have been admitted to big MBA brand of India IIM Indore 's Executive program and York University's Schulich School of Business .
IIM is costing me around $40000 and York , $90000.
Can anyone suggest if York is worth the investment or I shall try cheaper colleges like Ryerson . Or I shall stay back in India .

Thanks in advance,
Sachin

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you're going to come all the way to Canada, go with Schulich. Don't bother with Ryerson. Schulich is an excellent school. Ryerson not so much.

sachinrace

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Thanks for a quick reply guys. I just love this forum for an instant response.
So , do you think Schulich can help me get a job with which I would be able to repay my education loan which would cost me around $2000 per month .

Regards,
Sachin

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think I would count on the school to get me a job (my opinion) but I would look forward to networking seriously with my classmates.

MBA program is no undergrad program and it is not cheap either so you could imagine that it is mostly established people who are going for this stuff.

The company I work sponsored a manager for an MBA and he can back with a friend from the school and offered him a job. True story.

Alot of companies do sponsor their top people for these programs. I would look to make as many connects as I can during the program. Who knows it might just open doors.

Do all you can to make sure your MBA counts because it is expensive. And if the school helps you with placement well that would be a plus in your book.

All the best my friend.

sachinrace said:
Thanks for a quick reply guys. I just love this forum for an instant response.
So , do you think Schulich can help me get a job with which I would be able to repay my education loan which would cost me around $2000 per month .

Regards,
Sachin