+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about visitor visa

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
I have studied in Canada but now I am going there to marry a girl but won't be staying there and will come back after registering our marriage. She cannot sponsor me until 2022 so it's pretty clear I am not using the marriage to get in Canada. Now the issue is that can I get an invitation letter from the girl I am going to marry and apply under the option of "visit family and friends?" The girl is not Canadian and on PR, she is also from my country.

Is this a safe option? If not which category should I apply in? I do have enough funds and proof that I won't be staying there since I am currently enrolled in a university and in the middle of my Masters outside Canada.

Also, should I mention on my SOP about the intention of marriage or just state that I am going there to visit and that my stay would be around 3 weeks?

I am not going to stay there for more than 3 weeks as I have to join back to my university. Please guide me as I wanna apply for the visa as soon as possible as it takes 6-8 weeks for the decision in my current country.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Focus on yourself and your ability to cover a vacation. If you have studied in Canada in the past, it's a good thing. I'd avoid mentioning the marriage.

If she can't sponsor you until 2022, I assume she's divorced from her sponsor - this will make your sponsorship more complex.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Focus on yourself and your ability to cover a vacation. If you have studied in Canada in the past, it's a good thing. I'd avoid mentioning the marriage.

If she can't sponsor you until 2022, I assume she's divorced from her sponsor - this will make your sponsorship more complex.
Yes, that is correct and I am not worried about that right now. I have enough money and a valid reason to return back because I am studying at a university in UK. I am just not sure which visa category should I apply for? Tourism? If yes and they ask you have already been here and lived here then why you wanna tour again, what should I say? If visiting friends and family then my fiance can give me an invitation letter as well as other supporting documents but again should I apply for a tourist visa or visiting family and friends. Please advise me.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019

Any advice please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A visa is not guaranteed so make sure not to book anything until you get approved for a TRV. Getting a visa as a student studying abroad can be very difficult especially if you are from a 3rd country. Are you Australian?

vtdat08

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
A visa is not guaranteed so make sure not to book anything until you get approved for a TRV. Getting a visa as a student studying abroad can be very difficult especially if you are from a 3rd country. Are you Australian?
Hi canuck78 I have a question. Is it possible if I submit an application for Canada TRV without Flight Booking and explain that I am not sure that I will receive the VISA. When I already have it, I will book one.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi canuck78 I have a question. Is it possible if I submit an application for Canada TRV without Flight Booking and explain that I am not sure that I will receive the VISA. When I already have it, I will book one.
yes its not a good idea to book non refundable travel before you get a visa.

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
I am a little confused. When did I say I am applying for a student visa?

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
I really need some guidance friends. Please help me

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
As a STUDENT STUDYING ABROAD. You are not studying in India but in Australia. Read carefully
My bad. I am currently studying in UK. No one seems to be answering the specific question I have asked though.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you should never book a ticket. An itinerary off one of the travel sites or airline sites is fine.