+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about Visitor Visa Application

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
I have studied in Canada but now I am going there to marry a girl but won't be staying there and will come back after registering our marriage. She cannot sponsor me until 2022 so it's pretty clear I am not using the marriage to get in Canada. Now the issue is that can I get an invitation letter from the girl I am going to marry and apply under the option of "visit family and friends?" The girl is not Canadian and on PR, she is also from my country.

Is this a safe option? If not which category should I apply in? I do have enough funds and proof that I won't be staying there since I am currently enrolled in a university and in the middle of my Masters outside Canada.

Also, should I mention on my SOP about the intention of marriage or just state that I am going there to visit and that my stay would be around 3 weeks?

I am not going to stay there for more than 3 weeks as I have to join back to my university. Please guide me as I wanna apply for the visa as soon as possible as it takes 6-8 weeks for the decision in my current country.