+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about the Payment. Please Help

KL8N

Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am doing an Outland application from Japan with my wife.
We paid our fees by following the Japan specific guide on the Canadian Embassy's website. We followed the instructions http://www.international.gc.ca/missions/japan-japon/visas/fees-frais-eng.asp except the receipt of payment we included was a copy and not the original as instructed.
We submitted our application and it got returned to us citing the following reasons.

The form of fee payment is incorrect. Please refer to the "How to pay the fees for the Immigration Services" document included in this document to make the correct payment.

Now, the receipt copy instead of the real receipt might be the reason that they sent it back to us. But now the document they sent us explaining why it was returned and what steps to follow, offers different instructions than the website with Japan specific details.
I can't figure out which is the correct way to pay.

Plus if the payment method differs, what about our money that is already in the Canadian Embassy's bank account?
:-[

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Honestly, I've never seen anything like that before on here... a country-specific way of paying. I thought there was only one, just cic.gc.ca

Is it possible that you paid your fees on the wrong site?? You definitely need one of the pro's for this one, I think, or someone else who filed out of Japan. I wish I could help =/

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
on the link provided by you they redirect you to the cic site for paying fees to Mississauga. I guess you need to make payment as instructed on cic site. It's confusing that they didn't accept your fees, if you choose to do it again, you will have to ask for the refund of the previous money paid to them.
try to call cic and ask for the possible solution. I know how to make refund for FSW program, but I haven't heard of people getting refund for incorrect method of payment in sponsorship program. maybe our experts can help.
as for me I would try to phone cic and explain them the situation - they must give you some advice and the way of solution of this problem.