+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about some of the ECA results

Error_404

Nov 26, 2016
Hi all

My partner and I are looking to apply via express entry skilled workers sometime soon. We have sat our IELTS (awaiting results) and got our ECA results back, we're just trying to work out who should be the "lead" and who should be the "partner" but I have 2 questions I can't seem to find the answer to.

My partner is a vet and her ECA came back as expected so she select "Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession" which is great. However I noticed on the points calculator on the official CIC website it assumes that when "Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession" in section A it assumes in section C that "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" is automatically the answer. Whereas where we are from (UK) - this simply isn't true - my partner studied vet medicine straight from high school, so really only has 1 post-secondary credential. So which is right? Does a Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession override the need for 2 degrees in section 3? Worth noting that on the canadavisa.com it doesn't not make the same assumption and therefore her points are 25 lower.

The second option is me being the lead passenger. My ECA came back to say I had 2 credentials "Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)" so I think my section C is easier and guarantees me the 100 points in section C. But am I still OK to select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" in section A? The wording seems to suggest so but the two bachelors degrees I have are in two totally separate subjects (I did computer science as an undergraduate and then trained as a chartered accountant) - is there any requirement for them to be related or for one of them to be seen as a post graduate qualification?

Thanks in advance!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will help you with your second question.

Yes, you can obtain points for "two or more certificates". Dual bachelors count towards "two certificates" and they do not have to be related.

Cheers ;)

Error_404

Nov 26, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
I will help you with your second question.

Yes, you can obtain points for "two or more certificates". Dual bachelors count towards "two certificates" and they do not have to be related.

Cheers ;)
Thanks! It doesn't matter they were studied at different times either?

Looks like we may be safer having me as lead - less points in section A but at least the extra 25 in section C isn't a risk