+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

confused about PGWP, please help!!

Tombell1997

Dec 4, 2020
Hi, I finished 2 years diploma at humber College in July, now I go to university of Toronto (I extended my study permit), can I still apply for a post graduate work permit with my humber college degree or is it too late? Can anyone help me understand? Thanks!

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, I finished 2 years diploma at humber College in July, now I go to university of Toronto (I extended my study permit), can I still apply for a post graduate work permit with my humber college degree or is it too late? Can anyone help me understand? Thanks!
To obtain a post-graduation work permit, the applicant must currently hold valid temporary status or have left Canada. They must have graduated from an eligible designated learning institution (DLI). They must also submit clear evidence that they meet all of the following criteria:

• They have completed an academic, vocational or professional training program at an eligible institution in Canada that is at least 8 months in duration leading to a degree, diploma or certificate.
  • They have maintained full-time student status in Canada during each academic session of the program or programs of study they have completed and submitted as part of their post-graduation work permit application. Exceptions can be made only for the following:
  • They have received a transcript and an official letter from the eligible DLI confirming that they have met the requirements to complete their program of study.
    Note: The transcript and official letter must be included in a post-graduation work permit application.
Within 180 days of the date of applying for the post-graduation work permit, applicants must also meet oneof the following criteria:

• They hold a valid study permit.
  • They held a study permit.
  • They were authorized to study in Canada without the requirement to obtain a study permit under paragraphs 188(1)(a) and (b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

Tombell1997

Dec 4, 2020
To obtain a post-graduation work permit, the applicant must currently hold valid temporary status or have left Canada. They must have graduated from an eligible designated learning institution (DLI). They must also submit clear evidence that they meet all of the following criteria:

• They have completed an academic, vocational or professional training program at an eligible institution in Canada that is at least 8 months in duration leading to a degree, diploma or certificate.
  • They have maintained full-time student status in Canada during each academic session of the program or programs of study they have completed and submitted as part of their post-graduation work permit application. Exceptions can be made only for the following:
  • They have received a transcript and an official letter from the eligible DLI confirming that they have met the requirements to complete their program of study.
    Note: The transcript and official letter must be included in a post-graduation work permit application.
Within 180 days of the date of applying for the post-graduation work permit, applicants must also meet oneof the following criteria:

• They hold a valid study permit.
  • They held a study permit.
  • They were authorized to study in Canada without the requirement to obtain a study permit under paragraphs 188(1)(a) and (b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
Thanks for the quick reply, does this mean I can still apply for my pgwp as humber College graduate and it won't affect me going to university of Toronto?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the quick reply, does this mean I can still apply for my pgwp as humber College graduate and it won't affect me going to university of Toronto?
You have to apply pgwp within 180 days after you complete your study . Also you can have study permit and pgwp together. If you apply for pgwp you can’t goto school .

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
PGWP is a once in a life time only kind of deal. Don't apply for one if you are going to do more study.