+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confused about OINP : international student with Job offer stream...Please need advise.

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Hi,
I am interested in the OINP intl student stream, but am not sure if I will qualify:

My job contract states:

Employee's employment under this agreement shall begin on (date1) and will be at least till (date2 (which is 1 year from first date)) and may be extended on "At Will" basis.

Is this considered as a contract of indefinite length ? I am trying to apply for the OINP international student with job offer stream.

Please kindly advise. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am interested in the OINP intl student stream, but am not sure if I will qualify:

My job contract states:

Employee's employment under this agreement shall begin on (date1) and will be at least till (date2 (which is 1 year from first date)) and may be extended on "At Will" basis.

Is this considered as a contract of indefinite length ? I am trying to apply for the OINP international student with job offer stream.

Please kindly advise. Thanks.
Short answer is no.

Your contract has a defined length. To qualify, your employment letter must have no end date.

See this:
  • an indication that the offer being made is for a full-time position of an indeterminate duration (no end date)
https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/employer-job-offer-international-student-stream-applicant-checklist#section-5

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
thanks for the reply.
I just wanted to confirm that the wordings: and may be extended on "At Will" basis, can be considered as one of indeterminate length ?
Plus the end date is listed as at least till (date 2)
So neither of these will be considered as indeterminate length ?
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
thanks for the reply.
I just wanted to confirm that the wordings: and may be extended on "At Will" basis, can be considered as one of indeterminate length ?
Plus the end date is listed as at least till (date 2)
So neither of these will be considered as indeterminate length ?
Thanks
It has to be a full time employment offer with no end date. Your contract has an end date.

The fact it has the "extended" bit and "at least" doesn't change this fact. Contract can always be extended if the company wants to extend them. But ultimately this is a job with a defined end and doesn't meet the PNP criteria.

There has to be no end date on the letter at all (per the language I quoted in my previous post directly from the OINP web site).